Step 4 (2 hours):
If you are part of a UF Health training program (advanced practice provider, resident, fellow, or faculty), go to your intensive care unit or emergency department setting and become familiar with the machine used.
Be sure to note the:
- “on” button
- “gain” buttons
- “depth” button
- “freeze” button
- “saving” buttons for still images and clips.
Use the Ultrasound Instructions from the reading material and perform an “Educational” ultrasound on yourself.
- Use “1111” as the Medical Record Number
- Place your name in the “user” or “operator” sections
- Take the following images of your radial artery:
- freeze save a shot at 3-5 cm depth
- save a clip of your radial artery at 3-5 cm depth
- save a clip of your radial artery in the doppler/color mode.
- Do not place a note in any charts for this activity.
If you are a student please use “student” in the name of unit obtained, sonosite, and appropriate date.
Before moving onto the next step, please complete the following:
- Which unit did you familiarize yourself with the machine: ____________________ .
- What is the name of the company of the ultrasound (Sonosite, G&E, Phillips, etc)? ______________________
- Date of your first study in the curriculum _______________________.