The University of Florida College of Medicine Anesthesia Interest Group (AIG) was created to increase awareness among students in the medical field while promoting interest in anesthesia for the entire UF Medical College.
AIG members are encouraged to become involved in research projects that they will finish during medical school; they are invited to attend departmental events, such as the football tailgating and golf tournaments throughout the school year; and they will be encouraged to shadow faculty members in the operating rooms.
AIG members will also be able to see patients as long as they have their UF student ID. The AIG officers are motivated to influence and participate nationally, take on projects, and become involved in other ways to gain national recognition.
- Program Director – Timothy Martin, MD, MBA, FASA
- Assistant Program Director – Kelly Spaulding
- Faculty Advisor – Peggy White, MD
- Clerkship Directors – Sean Kiley, MD and Chris Giordano, MD
- Clerkship Coordinator – Julie Veal
- AIG Officers
- Co-Presidents – Stephen Tapia-Ruano and Christina Waples
- Treasurers – Harsh Shah and Steven Toffel