The University of Florida College of Medicine Anesthesia Interest Group (AIG) was created to increase awareness and promote interest in the specialty of anesthesiology among students in the medical field.
- are encouraged to become involved in research projects that they will finish during medical school
- are invited to attend departmental events, such as football tailgating and golf tournaments
- are encouraged to shadow faculty members in the operating rooms
- are able to see patients (must have their UF student ID)
AIG officers are motivated to influence and participate nationally, take on projects and become involved in other ways to gain national recognition.
- Clerkship Director – Chris Giordano, MD
- Clerkship Coordinator – Carley Hume
- Residency Program Director – Timothy Martin, MD, MBA, FASA
- Education Administration – Tammy Bleeker, MEd
- AIG Officers
- President – Grace DeSena
- Co-Treasurers – Abigail Huelsman and Rolando Otero