Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
Our program is designed to expose fellows to a variety of critical care medicine cases through UF Health Shands Hospital & the Malcom Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
We offer chances for research and basic science within the department. In addition, there are numerous opportunities for expanding your knowledge and skills as our hospitals have a high clinical volume.
The aims of the program include:
- Expanding and applying medical knowledge through scholarly activity:
- 100% of fellows complete IRB training each year
- fellows participate in research and quality improvement projects
- fellows present an abstract at the Department’s Annual Fellow Research Dinner
- Training the next generation of fellows to treat the critically ill population through:
- a variety of rotations in multiple ICU settings
- Grand Rounds
- journal clubs
These goals have allowed our fellows to maintain a pass rate that exceeds the national average on the Anesthesiology Critical Care In-Training Exam and the Critical Care Board Exam.
Each rotation unit has a team consisting of a certified CCM attending physician as well as the fellow, residents, and extenders.
As a fellow, you are responsible for the minute-to-minute management of the patients. This includes direct hands on care and procedures as well as supervision and delegation of responsibility to the other team members. You are also responsible for keeping the attending and admitting services aware of their patients’ current clinical situation.
Each rotation is 28 days and includes at least one weekend and several days off.
- Trauma ICU
- General Surgery & Specialties ICU
- Cardiac Surgery ICU
- Neurologic ICU
- Burn ICU
- Medical ICU
- Infectious disease
- Transplant infectious disease
- Neurologic disease including neuroradiology
- Competitive salary
- Professional development allowance
- 15 paid vacation days/year
- 5 paid days of sick leave/year
- 5 paid education/meeting days
- Holiday leave as allotted by schedule
- Free medical insurance for employee & family
- Long-term disability & life insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Gatorbites meal program
- Baby Gator on-site day care
- Student debt counseling
- Confidential counseling
Interested in our fellowship? We’d love to hear from you!
Call 352.392.7029 or email us at ANES-CCMRecruitment@anest.ufl.edu.