The week of May 6 – May 12 is National Nurses Week. This week commemorates Florence Nightingale’s birthday, the founder of modern nursing, and this year we are especially grateful for all of our amazing nurses at UF Health who are on the frontlines, risking their lives, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Registered nurses in the United States constitute our nation’s largest health care profession and have been demonstrated to be an indispensable component of the safety and quality of care of hospitalized patients.
Thank you to all of our hardworking nurses. You deserve special recognition for your vast contributions and the positive impact you make every day.
Some restaurants and stores are showing extra love to nurses, health care workers, and first responders. Check out some of the deals below.
- Chipotle: Health care workers can get a free burrito starting on May 6. Eligibility requirements are available on Chipotle’s offer website.
- Circle K: Free coffee and tea is available to first responders, health care workers and to their store employees. Those who wish to take advantage of the offer must show a valid ID.
- Dunkin’: Health care workers craving Dunkin’ can get a free medium hot or iced coffee and a free doughnut when visiting operating locations on May 6. There is no purchase necessary to get this offer.
- Hooters: A 20% off discount on all food takeout orders is available every day for health care workers, first responders and military until further notice. A valid form of ID required.
- Krispy Kreme: First responders can get free dozens every Monday from March 30 through May 11. Just go to a Krispy Kreme drive-thru, show your employer badge and collect your doughnuts.
- Nike: Eligible medical professionals and first responders in the U.S. can get a 20% off discount through Nike’s online store. Customers can receive the discount by visiting nike.com/help/a/first-responder-discount
- The North Face: From April 14 to Dec. 31 North Face is offering a 50% discount to health care workers in the U.S. To verify eligibility, health care workers can visit the offer page.
- Outback: A 10% off discount is available to nurses, doctors and medical staff, first responders and military. Plus delivery is free for a limited time. A valid medical, state or federal service ID is required.
- Starbucks: The coffee giant is giving free coffee to customers who identify as a front line worker to the COVID-19 outbreak.