Congratulations to all who had articles published in May!
Annals of Work Exposures and Health
- Schirmer A, Sessions R, Gravenstein N, Rand K, Oli M, Cooper LA, Sappenfield JW. Isolation gowns as a potential work hazard. Ann Work Expo Health. 2020 May 6. pii: wxaa047. doi: 10.1093/annweh/wxaa047. [Epub ahead of print]
Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
- Soberón JR Jr, Urdaneta F. Regional anesthesia during the COVID-19 pandemic: a time to reconsider practices? (Letter #1). Can J Anaesth. 2020 May 1. doi: 10.1007/s12630-020-01681-w. [Epub ahead of print]
- Su M, Peng J, Wu M, Deng W, Yang Y, Peng YG. Two consecutive myocardial tissue insults for inpatients with COVID-19. Crit Care. 2020 May 26;24(1):259. doi: 10.1186/s13054-020-02981-9.
- Tabor Gray L, Vasilopoulos T, Plowman EK. Response to the Commentary on ‘Concordant Validity of a Digital Peak Cough Flow Meter to Assess Voluntary Cough Strength in Individuals with ALS’. Dysphagia. 2020 May 21. doi: 10.1007/s00455-020-10132-z. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sharififar S, Gupta S, Vincent HK, Vasilopoulos T, Zdziarski-Horodyski L, Horodyski M, Hagen JE. How soon can we identify at-risk patients: examining initial depressive symptomology and opioid use in musculoskeletal trauma survivors? Injury. 2020 May 12;S0020-1383(20)30397-1. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2020.04.051. Online ahead of print.
International Journal of Infectious Diseases
- Zhou MY, Xie XL, Peng YG, Wu MJ, Deng XZ, Wu Y, Xiong LJ, Shang LH. From SARS to COVID-19: What we have learned about children infected with COVID-19. Int J Infect Dis. 2020 May 7. pii: S1201-9712(20)30309-X. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2020.04.090. [Epub ahead of print]
Journal of Anesthesia
- He W, Liu C, Peng YG. It was not accurate. J Anesth. 2020 May 27. doi: 10.1007/s00540-020-02786-8. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Lopez BM, Malhamé I, Davies LK, Gonzalez Velez JM, Marelli A, Rabai F. Eisenmenger Syndrome in Pregnancy: A Management Conundrum. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2020 Mar 6. pii: S1053-0770(20)30214-7. doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2020.02.053. [Epub ahead of print]
Journal of Clinical Anesthesia
- Frantz AM, Fahy BG. Incorporating the operating room into postoperative delirium control. J Clin Anesth. 2020 Apr 28;64:109797. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinane.2020.109797. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wendling AL, Garvan C, Roussos-Ross D, Zhang L, Zeng D. Pain outcomes among patients after cesarean consuming buprenorphine or methadone and opioid-naïve patients. J Clin Anesth. 2020 May 26;65:109905. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinane.2020.109905. [Epub ahead of print]
Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Gerber MH, Pipkin M, Tighe P, Scheuble V, Chandrashekaran S, Shahmohammadi A, Alnuaimat H, Emtiazjoo A, Arnaoutakis G, Jeng E, Beaver T, Oduntan O, Pelaez A, Machuca TN. Cryoanalgesia Reduces Postoperative Pneumonia in Patients Undergoing Double Lung Transplantation Compared to Thoracic Paravertebral Catheters and Traditional Opiate Based Analgesia. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2020 Apr;39(4S):S193. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2020.01.789. Epub 2020 Mar 30.
Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology
- Vlisides PE, Moore LE, Whalin MK, Robicsek SA, Gelb AW, Lele AV, Mashour GA. Perioperative Care of Patients at High Risk for Stroke During or After Non-Cardiac, Non-Neurological Surgery: 2020 Guidelines From the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2020 May 18. doi: 10.1097/ANA.0000000000000686. [Epub ahead of print]
Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- Kamel AY, Rosenthal MD, Citty SW, Marlowe BL, Garvan CS, Westhoff L, Marker PS, Croft CA, Brakenridge SC, Efron PA, Mohr A, Moore FA. Enteral Nutrition Administration Record (ENAR) Prescribing Process Using Computerized Order Entry: A New Paradigm and Opportunities to Improve Outcomes in the Critically Ill. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2020 May 8. doi: 10.1002/jpen.1870. [Epub ahead of print]
- Fahy BG, Vasilopoulos T, Chau DF. Use of Flipped Classroom and Screen-Based Simulation for Interdisciplinary Critical Care Fellow Teaching of Electroencephalogram Interpretation. Neurocrit Care. 2020 May 18. doi: 10.1007/s12028-020-00985-5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kohan L, Sobey C, Wahezi S, Brancolini S, Przkora R, Shaparin N, Spektor B, Moeschler S, Anitescu M. Maintaining high quality multidisciplinary pain medicine fellowship programs: Part II: Innovations in clinical care workflow, clinical supervision, job satisfaction and postgraduation mentorship for pain fellows during the Covid-19 pandemic. Pain Med. 2020 May 7. pii: pnaa176. doi: 10.1093/pm/pnaa176. [Epub ahead of print]
Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Schutte SS, Euliano T. Local anesthetic resistance in a Crohn’s patient undergoing cesarean delivery. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2020 May 23. pii: rapm-2020-101516. doi: 10.1136/rapm-2020-101516. [Epub ahead of print]