Jerry J. Berger, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology
P O Box 100254
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254
Dr. Jerry Berger is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and three time recipient of “Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors” (for Pain Management) Award. Dr. Berger received his medical degree from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. He completed his residency and fellowship in Anesthesiology at the University of Florida. Dr. Berger is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management and the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is medically licensed in Colorado and Florida. He is also certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a member of many professional societies such as the Alachua County Medical Society and the American Academy of Pain Management. Dr. Berger is a recipient of many awards and is an Ad Hoc Reviewer for IM: Internal Medicine Journal. He has also contributed to a great amount of textbooks, monographs, publications, and abstracts.
|1980||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1978||Internship, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1977||MD||Duke University||Durham, NC|
Awards and Honors:
|2005||Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors (for Pain Management)|
|2004||Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors (for Pain Management)|
|2003||Third Place, Theme Category, Flower Power Drawing, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|2001||Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors (for Pain Management)|
|2001||Second Prize, Art Sculpture, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|1998||Third Place for Art and Literature, ASA Art Exhibit, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|1996||Second Place for Art and Literature, ASA Art Exhibit, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
- Herman MA, Laudanski K, Berger J: Surgical fire during organ procurement. Internet J Anesthesiol 19(1), 2009 pp 1-5.
- Hirsh AT, Atchison JW, Berger JJ, Waxenberg LB, Lafayette-Lucy A, Bulcourf BB, Robinson ME: Patient satisfaction with treatment for chronic pain: predictors and relationship to compliance. Clin J Pain 21:302-310, 2005.
- Berger J, Anastassopoulos KP, Zhang M, Olson W: Resource utilization associated with intravenous patient-controlled analgesia (IV PAC) in acute postoperative pain management: an interim analysis. Anesthesiology 103:A1250, 2005.
- Berger JJ: Amenorrhea in a patient after treatment with gabapentin for complex regional pain syndrome type II. Clin J Pain 20:192-194, 2004.
- Robinson ME, Bulcourf B, Atchison JW, Berger J, Lafayette-Lucy A, Hirsh AT, Riley JL: Compliance in pain rehabilitation. Pain Med. 2004 Mar;5(1):66-80.
- Berger JJ: Genitourinary surgery, in Kirby RR, Gravenstein N, Lobato EB, Gravenstein JS (eds): Clinical Anesthesia Practice, ed 2. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 2002, pp 1373-1396.
- Berger JJ: 2000-FACES shine at ASA art exhibit in San Francisco. ASA Newsletter 65(1):17-18, 2001.
- Berger JJ: How do I do … paravertebral lumbar sympathetic ganglion block: the classic approach. ASRA News November 2000, p 4.