Jerry J. Berger, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology
P O Box 100254
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254
|1980||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1978||Internship, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1977||MD||Duke University||Durham, NC|
Awards and Honors:
|2005||Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors (for Pain Management)|
|2004||Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors (for Pain Management)|
|2003||Third Place, Theme Category, Flower Power Drawing, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|2001||Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors (for Pain Management)|
|2001||Second Prize, Art Sculpture, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|1998||Third Place for Art and Literature, ASA Art Exhibit, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|1996||Second Place for Art and Literature, ASA Art Exhibit, The American Society of Anesthesiologists|
- Herman MA, Laudanski K, Berger J: Surgical fire during organ procurement. Internet J Anesthesiol 19(1), 2009 pp 1-5.
- Hirsh AT, Atchison JW, Berger JJ, Waxenberg LB, Lafayette-Lucy A, Bulcourf BB, Robinson ME: Patient satisfaction with treatment for chronic pain: predictors and relationship to compliance. Clin J Pain 21:302-310, 2005.
- Berger J, Anastassopoulos KP, Zhang M, Olson W: Resource utilization associated with intravenous patient-controlled analgesia (IV PAC) in acute postoperative pain management: an interim analysis. Anesthesiology 103:A1250, 2005.
- Berger JJ: Amenorrhea in a patient after treatment with gabapentin for complex regional pain syndrome type II. Clin J Pain 20:192-194, 2004.
- Robinson ME, Bulcourf B, Atchison JW, Berger J, Lafayette-Lucy A, Hirsh AT, Riley JL: Compliance in pain rehabilitation. Pain Med. 2004 Mar;5(1):66-80.
- Berger JJ: Genitourinary surgery, in Kirby RR, Gravenstein N, Lobato EB, Gravenstein JS (eds): Clinical Anesthesia Practice, ed 2. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 2002, pp 1373-1396.
- Berger JJ: 2000-FACES shine at ASA art exhibit in San Francisco. ASA Newsletter 65(1):17-18, 2001.
- Berger JJ: How do I do … paravertebral lumbar sympathetic ganglion block: the classic approach. ASRA News November 2000, p 4.