Anesthesiology residency at the University of Florida provides extraordinary in-depth and hands-on learning opportunities in both clinical and research areas for individuals seeking diverse and stimulating training.
Our program is ACGME-accredited and we range from 70 to 100 residents in the PGY1 to PGY4 years. We currently offer 20 categorical positions for residents to match into their PGY1 year, as well as a number of advanced positions for those matching to begin in their PGY2 year.
UF Health Shands Hospital
Residents spend over half of their time at UF Health Shands Hospital.
UF Health Shands Hospital is:
- 830-bed tertiary care hospital
- over 100 ICU beds
- one of the leading referral centers in the Southeast for critically ill patients
- a level-one Trauma Center
The majority of anesthesia training takes place between two main operating suites and the UF Health Shands Cancer Center.
Other Resident Training Areas Include:
- the 480-bed Malcom A. Randall North Florida/South Georgia VA Medical Center
- the outpatient UF Health-Children’s Surgical Center
- the UF Health-Florida Surgical Center for adult out-patient surgery
We also provide critical care services to four distinct intensive care units and have two separate facilities (one at UF and one at the VA) dedicated to interventional and chronic pain management. All offsite locations are within five miles of the main hospital.