Ilan Keidan, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology
College of Medicine, University of Florida
PO Box 100254
1600 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32610
Phone: (352) 273-8954
Dr. Ilan Keidan is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and recipient of the “Highest Impact Award for Anesthesiology.” Dr. Keidan was Chief Resident for the Department of Pediatrics at Sheba Medical Center where he also completed his rotating internship. He earned his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine at Tel-Aviv University in Israel. He then completed a residency in Anesthesiology at the University of Florida. His fellowship was in Pediatric Anesthesiology, which he completed at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. Dr. Keidan is a Diplomat of the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is also a member of several professional societies such as the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Israeli Society of Anesthesiology, and the European Society of Anesthesiology. He has made tremendous contributions to publications in the field.
|1997||Fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology||Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh||Pittsburgh, PA|
|1996||Residency in Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1992||Residency in Pediatrics||Sheba Medical Center||Tel-Aviv, Israel|
|1989||Rotating Internship||Sheba Medical Center||Tel-Aviv, Israel|
|1988||MD||Sackler School of Medicine||Tel-Aviv, Israel|
Awards and Honors
|2002||Highest Impact Award for Anesthesiology, University of Florida, Department of Anesthesiology|
|Excellent Medical Employee Award, Ministry of Health, Sheba Medical Center|
|1997||Educational Scholarship Award, The American Society of Critical Care Medicine|
|1984||Faculty of Medicine, Dean Award for Academic Excellence, Tel-Aviv University|
- Keidan I, Ben-Menchem E: Postoperative occipital nerve injury in a child. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2012 Mar; 40(2):355-356, March 2012.
- Golan G, Tighe P, Dobija N, Perel A, Keidan I: Clowns for the prevention of preoperative anxiety in children: a randomized controlled trial. Paediatr Anaesth 19:262-266, 2009.
- Zaslansky R, Glasser S, Golobov A, Finkelstein I, Levi D, Keidan I: A Hebrew version of the FLACC scale: measurement of pain in non-verbal children. Harefuah. 2006 Sep;145(9):648-51, 704, 703.
- Augarten A, Zaslansky R, Keisan I. The impact of educational intervention programs on pain management in a pediatric emergency department. Biomed Pharmacother 60:299-302, 2006.
- Bar-Meir E, Zaslansky R, Regev E, Keidan I, Orenstein A, Winkler E: Nitrous oxide administered by the plastic surgeon for repair of facial lacerations in children in the emergency room. Plast Reconstr Surg 117:1571-1575, 2006.
- Eisenkraft A, Keidan I, Bielorai B. Keller N, Toren A, Paret G: MCP-1 in the cerebrospinal fluid of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res 30:1259-1261, 2006.
- Shavit I, Keidan I, Bugarten A: The practice of pediatric procedural sedation and analgesia in the emergency department. Eur J Emerg Med 13:270-275, 2006.
- Keidan I, Zaslanski R, Weinberg M, Ben Shlush A, Mor Y: Sedation during voiding cystourethrography: comparison of the efficacy and safety of using oral midazolam and continuous flow nitrous oxide. J Urol 174:1598-1600, 2005.
- Preisman S, Keidan I, Mishali D: Anesthesia for port-access cardiac surgery in a pediatric population. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:626-629, 2005.
- Keidan I, Bielorei B, Berkenstadt H, Kaplinski C: Prospective evaluation of clinical and laboratory effects of intrathecal chemotherapy on children with acute leukemia. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:307-310, 2005.