*Please take the quiz below the video to receive credit.
- Name basic goals of mechanical ventilation.
- Learn basic buttons/functions on every ventilator.
- Initiate ventilator settings and know complications of common disease states.
- Learn algorithms of how to deal with crisis in the ventilated patient.
- Describe proper use and complications of non-invasive ventilation.
- Learn and be able to utilize the BEST protocol.
- Noninvasive ventilation as a weaning strategy for mechanical ventilation in adults with respiratory failure: a Cochrane systematic review
- Noninvasive ventilation for acute respiratory failure
- Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator User’s Pocket Guide