Rensheng Victor Zhang, MD, PhD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Phone: (352) 273-8954
Rensheng Victor Zhang, MD, PhD, is an Associate Professor and comes to us from the Anesthesia Consultants of CA Med Group in San Diego, California, where he was a staff physician and partner. He is a Diplomate for the American Board of Anesthesiology and the National Board of Medical Examiners. Dr. Zhang earned his medical degree at Nanjing Medical University in China and his PhD in Physiology at the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine. He came to the “Gator Nation” to complete his internship in Internal Medicine at the University Medical Center in Jacksonville. He then came to UF’s Gainesville campus to complete his residency following a 6-month Cardiovascular Anesthesia Fellowship. Dr. Zhang has served as a faculty advisor for International Visiting Scholars and has held many lectures. He won Physician of the Year in 2009 as well as Best Doctors in America in 2005-2006. Dr. Zhang is a member of many professional societies and has received a few patents throughout his career.
Education and Training
|2001||Resident, Department of Anesthesiology||University of Florida, College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1998||Intern (PGY-1), Department of Internal Medicine||University Medical Center in Jacksonville, University of Florida, College of Medicine||Jacksonville, FL|
|1991||Ph.D., Physiology||University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine||Columbia, MO|
|1982||MD||Nanjing Medical University||Jiangsu, China|
Honors and Awards
- Physician of the Year, Operating Room, Pomerado Hospital, 2009
- Best Doctors in America, 2005-2006
- America’s Top Physician, 2005
- Courtesy Professor, Nanjing Medical University, China, 2001 –
- Courtesy Professor, Tianjing Medical University College of Clinical Med, 2004 –
- First Place Award, Case Report, 26th Gulf-Atlantic Anesthesia Residents’ Research Conference, 2000
- Young Investigator Travel Award, Microcirculatory Society, 1991
- Talbot Travel Award, Biophysical Society, 1991
- University of Missouri-Columbia (PhD) – multiple awards:
Superior Graduate Achievement Award, 1990
First Place, Student Research Contest, UMC Medical School, 1990
Second Place, Research Forum, UMC graduate school, 1990
- Nanjing Medical College – multiple awards:
Honor Student Award, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981
- American Medical Association, 1999 -Present
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, 1998 -Present
- Zhang, Rensheng. 2013. Propofol compositions and methods for reducing pain associated with propofol injection. US Patent 8546453, filed Aug. 13, 2004, and issued Oct. 1, 2013. http://www.google.com/patents/US8546453
- Zhang, Rensheng. 2014. Propofol compositions and methods for reducing pain associated with propofol injection. US Patent 8716354, filed Sep. 30, 2013, and issued May 6, 2014. http://www.google.com/patents/US8716354
- Fuhrmeister J, Janelle J, Zhang RV: Apparent sialadenopathy of the sublingual glands following general anesthesia with placement of LMA. J Clin Anesth. 2005 Dec; 17(8): 650-4.
- Zhang RV: Alpha-2-adrenoreceptor agonists, in Atlee JL, Morey TE, et al (eds): Complications in Anesthesiology, ed 2. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 2005.
- Zhang RV, Caton D: Epidural catheter induced paresthesia accompanied by changes in skin color and temperature in an obstetric patient. Int J Obstetric Anesth 14:343-346, 2005.
- Gao M, Qian Y, Zhang R: Propofol injection pain reduced by alkalotic buffer solutions—2.5% sodium thiopental versus 5% sodium bicarbonate. Acta Universitatis Medicinalis Nanjing 24:647-649, 2004.
- Lampotang S, Qian Y, Lee TL, Shi T, Li BB Liu H, Zhang RS: Chinese version of the APSF anesthesia machine workbook, abstracted. Annual Refresher Course Lectures, Chinese Society of Anesthesiology, p 138-142, 2004
- Zhang RS: Anesthetic management in liver transplantation. Refresher Course Lecture. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Chinese Society of Anesthesiology, Nanjing China, September 2002, pp 120-123.
- Paulus D, Zhang V: Acupuncture-an alternative pain relief modality. House Calls P 12-13, 1999
- Zhang RS, Guth PH, Scremin OU, Singh R, Pervin S, Chaudhuri G: Regulation of endometrial blood flow in ovariectomized rats: assessment of the role of nitric oxide. Am J Physiol 273:H2009-H2017, 1997.
- Moldovan S, Livingston E, Zhang RS, Kleinman R, Guth P, Brunicardi FC: Glucose-induced islet hyperemia is mediated by nitric oxide. Am J Surg 171:16-20, 1996.
- Zhang RS, Guth PH, Scremin OU, Chaudhuri G: H2 gas clearance technique for separating rat uterine blood flow into endometrial and myometrial components. Am J Physiol 268:R569-R575, 1995.