Richa Wardhan, MD
Department of Anesthesiology
College of Medicine, University of Florida
PO Box 100254
1600 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32610
Phone: (352) 273-8954
Dr. Wardhan is an Assistant Professor and comes to us from Yale University School of Medicine, where she was an Assistant Professor and Fellowship Director of Regional Anesthesia. She also developed and implemented both clinical and educational components at Yale and the Saint Raphael Campuses of the Yale Department of Anesthesiology Regional Subdivision. Dr. Wardhan earned her Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal M.P., India, and a medical degree in Residency Anesthesiology at PT. Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Medical College in Raipur, India. She completed her internship in internal medicine at Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut; an anesthesiology residency at Yale University School of Medicine; and a postdoctoral fellowship in regional anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Dr. Wardhan is a member of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the International Anesthesia Research Society. She has made a great number of contributions to publications, peer-reviewed educational material, and abstracts.
Education and Training
|2010||Postdoctoral Fellow in Regional Anesthesiology||University of Pennsylvania Medical College||Pittsburgh, PA|
|2009||Anesthesiology Residency||Yale School of Medicine||New Haven, CT|
|2006||Intern, Internal Medicine||Griffin Hospital||Derby, CT|
|MD||Pt J.N.M Medical College||Raipur, CG, India|
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery||Gandhi Medical College||Bhopal, MP, India|
Awards and Honors
|2008||FAER Resident Scholar: Appointed by the Yale Department of Anesthesiology|
|2006||CST (Clinical Scientist Track) candidate awarded 6 months of time dedicated to research|
- Wardhan R Update on Paravertebral Blocks. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2015 Oct;28(5):588-92. doi: 10.1097/ACO.0000000000000235.
- Wardan, R. Rib Fractures: A review of Truncal Blocks Decision-Making in Orthopedic and Regional Anesthesiology: A Case-Based Approach, edited by Michael R. Anderson, Sylvia H. Wilson and Meg A. Rosenblatt. Published by Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Wardhan R, Auroux AS, Ben-David B, Chelly JE. Is L2 Paravertebral Block Comparable to Lumbar Plexus Block for Postoperative Analgesia After Total Hip Arthroplasty?Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014 May;472(5):1475-81. doi: 10.1007/s11999-013-3393-9.
- Wardhan R. Assessment and management of Rib Fracture Pain in Geriatric Population: Ode to old age. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2013 Oct;26(5):626-31. doi: 10.1097/01.aco.0000432516.93715.a7
- Scully CG, Selvaraj N, Romberg FW , Wardhan R, Ryan J, Florian JP, Silverman DG, Shelley KH, Chon, KH. Using time-frequency analysis of the photoplethysmographic waveform to detect the withdrawal of 900 mL of blood. Anesth Analg. 2012 Jul;115(1):74-81. doi: 10.1213/ANE.0b013e318256486c.
- Wardhan R, Shelley K. Peripheral venous pressure waveform. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2009 Dec;22(6):814-21. doi: 10.1097/ACO.0b013e328332a343.
- Ramani R, Wardhan R. Understanding anesthesia through functional imaging. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2008 Oct;21(5):530-6. doi: 10.1097/ACO.0b013e32830edbf3.