Laurie K. Davies, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Phone: (352) 273-8954
Dr. Laurie Davies is an Associate Professor in the divisions of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Pediatric Anesthesia. She earned her Bachelor of Science and Medical Degree from the University of Florida. She then stayed on at UF to complete her residency and fellowship in Anesthesiology. She is a Diplomate, Senior Examiner, and Associate Examiner for the American Board of Anesthesiology.
Dr. Davies is medically licensed in Florida and is certified in Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography from the National Board of Echocardiography. She is a member of several professional societies such as the Alachua County Medical Society, American Medical Association, and the College of Medicine Women Faculty Association. She holds several editorial board titles such as: Editorial Board Member for Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesiology, Reviewer and Analyst for the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesia Journal Club, and Ad Hoc Consultant for the Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing.
|1985||Instructor & Special Fellow in Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1984||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1981||MD||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
Clinical anesthesiology, cardiovascular anesthesiology, pediatric cardiovascular anesthesiology, acute pain management
Awards and Honors
|2014||Customer Service is Key Award (2 nominations), Shands at the University of Florida|
|2011-2012||UF & Shands Collaborative Executive Talent Program, Shands at the University of Florida|
|2011||Distinguished Customer Service Award for Patient Safety, Shands at the University of Florida|
|2011||Physician Customer Service Recognition, Shands at the University of Florida|
|2007||Nominated for Customer Service is Key Award. Shands at the University of Florida|
|2005-2014||Listed in Best Doctors in America|
|1981||Walt Oppelt Memorial Award (Pharmacology), University of Florida College of Medicine|
|1981||Medical School Graduation with Honors for Scholarship and Research, University of Florida College of Medicine|
|1981||Bythewood and Baker Scholarship for Women, University of Florida College of Medicine|
|1981||Faculty Award for Research, University of Florida College of Medicine|
- Tighe P, Patel SS, Gravenstein N, Davies LK, Lucas SD, Bernard HR: The Operating Room: It’s a Small World (and Scale Free Network) After All. INSNA (International Network for Social Network Analysis) Connections December Issue 1 & 2 Vol 34, 2014.
- Davies LK, Husain SA, Weitzel N: Anesthetic management for patients with congenital heart disease: the pediatric population, in Hensley FA, Martin DE, Gravlee GP (eds): A Practical Approach to Cardiac Anesthesia, 5th ed, Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, pp 389-451, 2012.
- Weitzel N, Husain SA, Davies LK: Anesthetic management for patients with congenital heart disease: the adult population, in Hensley FA, Martin DE, Gravlee GP (eds): A Practical Approach to Cardiac Anesthesia, 5th ed, Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, pp 452-480, 2012.
- Davies LK, Janelle GM: Con: All cardiac surgical patients should have intraoperative cerebral oximetry monitoring. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:450-455, 2006.
- Browndyke JN, Moser DJ, Cohen RA, O’Brien DJ, Algina JJ, Haynes WG, Staples ED, Alexander J, Davies LK, Bauer RM: Acute neuropsychological functioning following cardiosurgical interventions associated with the production of intraoperative cerebral microemboli. Clin Neuropsychol 16: 463-71, 2002.
- Moser DJ, Ferneyhough KC, Bauer RM, Arndt S, Schultz SK, Haynes WG, Staples ED, Alexander J, Davies LK, O’Brien DJ: Unilateral versus bilateral ultrasound in the monitoring of cerebral microemboli. Ultrasound Med Biol 27:757-760, 2001.
- Davies LK: Pediatric anesthesiologists should administer anesthetics to pediatric patients undergoing cardiac procedures: con. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:384-387, 2001.
- Botero M, Davies LK: Diagnosis and management of arrhythmias in children after cardiac surgery. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:122-133, 2001.
- Botero M, Davies LK: An unexpected left atrial mass during cardiac surgery: diagnostic dilemma. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 14:483-484, 2000.