Edward McGough, MD, FCCP
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology
College of Medicine, University of Florida
PO Box 100254
1600 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32610
Nettie Van Wyen
Phone: (352) 273-8298
Dr. McGough is an Associate Professor in the divisions of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, Critical Care Medicine, and Vascular Anesthesia. He came to us from Memorial Medical Center and Plaza Surgery Center in Jacksonville, where he was a Staff Anesthesiologist. He is a Diplomate for the American Board of Anesthesiology in anesthesiology and critical care medicine and for the National Board of Echocardiography in advanced perioperative transesophageal echocardiography; he also holds a special Certificate of Competency in Critical Care.
Dr. McGough earned his Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and his Medical Degree from the University of Michigan Medical School. He came to the Gator Nation to complete his residency and fellowship in Critical Care Medicine. Dr. McGough consulted with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Space Shuttle project, medical launch, and recovery. He also served as President and Treasurer of Anesthesia Consultants. He is a member of many professional societies and has published articles in many journals.
|1990||Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine||University of Florida||Gainesville, FL|
|1989||Residency, Department of Anesthesiology||University of Florida||Gainesville, FL|
|1885||MD||University of Michigan||Ann Arbor, MI|
|1981||BS||University of Michigan||Ann Arbor, MI|
- Resident and medical student education
- Critical care monitoring
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Awards and Honors
- Fellow American College of Chest Physicians 10/26/92
- Teacher of the Year, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Medical School, 1990 – 1991
- Student Presenter, American Gastroenterological Association, Washington, DC 1983
- Medical Student Research Fellowship, 1982
- Medical Student Research Fellowship, 1981
- Graduated Magna cum Laude, 1981 (BS Degree)
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1980
- McGough EK, Cohen JA: Unexpected Bronchospasm During Spinal Anesthesia. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, 12(1):35-36, 1990
- McGough EK, Banner MJ, Boysen PG: A Comparison of Pressure Support and Flow Cycled, Assisted Mechanical Ventilation in Acute Lung Injury. Chest 98(2):458-462, 1990
- McGough EK, Desantels DA, Gallagher TJ: Dive Computers and Decompression Sickness: A Review of 83 Patients. Journal of Hyperbaric Medicine 5(3):159-162, 1990
- McGough EK, Desantels DA, Gallagher TJ: Performance of Dive Computers During Single and Repetitive Dives: A Comparison to the U.S. Navy Diving Tables. Journal of Hyperbaric Medicine 5(3):163-170, 1990
- McGough EK: Hyperbaric Oxygen for the 1990s, Advances in Anesthesia, Vol. 9, Mosby Year Book, 1992
- McGough EK: Cardiovascular System, in N. Gravenstein (ed.) Manual of Complications During Anesthesia, Philadelphia, JB Lippincott Co.
- Branson RD, McGough EK: Transport Ventilators. in Banner MJ (ed.) Problems in Anesthesia, Positive Pressure Ventilation, Philadelphia, JB Lippincott. Vol. 4, No. 2
- McGough EK: Resuscitation in shock, trauma, and burn: Hypertonic saline solution. In Kirby RR (ed.) Problems in Critical Care, Innovative Fluid and Electrolyte Therapy for the Surgical Patient. Philadelphia, JP Lippincott. Vol. 5, No. 3
- McGough EK, Monroe (guest ed.): Problems in Anesthesia – Pre-operative Evaluation: Part 1, December 1991. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia.
- McGough EK, Monroe (guest ed.): Problems in Anesthesia – Pre-operative Evaluation: Part 2, March 1992. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia.