Terrie Vasilopoulos, Ph.D., voted into the Society of Teaching Scholars

Terrie Vasilopoulos

Terrie Vasilopoulos, Ph.D., associate professor of anesthesiology and orthopaedic surgery & sports medicine, has been voted into the University of Florida Society of Teaching Scholars (STS) by current society members.

Vasilopoulos, who is the current chair-elect of the American Statistical Association’s Statistical Consulting Section and a statistical editor for the Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, was selected for inclusion in the STS in recognition of her demonstrated excellence in teaching and commitment to the formation of physicians and scientists.

“As my career has progressed, I have become more focused on—and more passionate about—medical education and research,” said Vasilopoulos. “I am honored that my work has been recognized by the Society of Teaching Scholars.”

Vasilopoulos will be inducted into the society at the annual Celebration of Excellence in Medical Education Reception in April. She has also been invited to walk with other members of the society at the graduation ceremonies in May.

Congratulations, Dr. Vasilopoulos!

Learn more about joining our faculty.