More than twenty faculty, residents, and staff from the Department of Anesthesiology had a great weekend at the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists’ annual meeting held June 9-11 at The Breakers in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Hayden Dohnalek, M.D., who graduated from residency this month and is starting a critical care medicine fellowship at Johns Hopkins University, received the first place FSA Poster of Distinction Award for his poster and podium presentation titled “Combined lung and liver transplantation: a case report.” Brandon Lopez, M.D.; Jennifer Bromwell, D.O.; Miguel Rovira, M.D.; and Gregory Janelle, M.D., FASE, FASA, were co-authors.
Chris Giordano, M.D., professor of anesthesiology, division chief of Liver & Transplant Anesthesiology, and director of the Anesthesiology/CCM Clerkship, accepted the position of FSA president after being named president-elect at last year’s meeting. He will serve for one year.
The department had eight posters on display and two faculty members gave presentations: Yong G Peng, M.D., Ph.D., FASE, FASA; and Larry Caruso, M.D.
Great job to all!
- Combined lung and liver transplantation: a case report
Hayden Dohnalek, M.D.; Brandon Lopez, M.D.; Jennifer Bromwell, D.O.; Miguel Rovira, M.D.; Greg Janelle, M.D.
- The impact of a single dose of intraoperative methadone on postoperative pain management: a retrospective cohort study
Grace DeSena, BA; Karly Landvay, BS; Shahrukh Bengali; Basma Mohamed, MDChB
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery in extreme lateral lumbar interbody fusion surgery (XLIF): a retrospective analysis
Juan C Acosta, M.D.; Benjamin Cipion; Basma A Mohamed, MBChB
- The impact of preoperative renal impairment on the incidence of postoperative delirium
Will S Roberts; Evan Maroun, M.S.; Alexander Knight; Shawn Price; Thomas M Austin, M.D., M.S.; F. Cole Dooley, M.D.
- Pericardial waffle, it’s what’s for breakfast!
Muna Oli, M.D.; Patrick Millan, M.D.; Nikolaus Gravenstein, M.D.
- Bi-plane ultrasound utilization improves accuracy and safety for peripheral vascular access on phantom simulation in anesthesia clinicians
Amanda M Frantz, M.D.; Ge Qu, M.D.; Cynthia S Garvan, Ph.D.; Nikolaus Gravenstein, M.D.; Joshua W Sappenfield, M.D.
- Continuous stellate ganglion block as treatment for ventricular tachycardia storm in a patient with left ventricular mass
Asad H Bashir, M.D.; Barys Ihnatsenka, M.D.; University of Florida
- Complex coagulation management in adult liver transplant
Joseph AbuRahma, M.D.; Brandon Lopez, M.D.; Chris Giordano, M.D.; Abbas Shahmohammadi, M.D.; Thiago Beduschi, M.D.; Daiki Soma, M.D., Ph.D.; Ali Zarrinpar, M.D., Ph.D.; Meghan Brennan, M.D., M.S.
- The current state and sentiment regarding artificial intelligence (AI) in North American anesthesiology residency programs: a multi-national, multi-program survey
Tyler V Elliott, BS; Joseph C Goldstein, M.D.; Heidi V Goldstein, M.D.