Five Questions with a Resident Graduate: Krupesh Dave, M.D.

We are so proud of all of our 2022 graduates! We caught up with Krupesh Dave, M.D., to hear about his time with us and what is next for him.

Krupesh Dave, MD

Q: Where are you headed to next?

A: I’m staying at the University of Florida to complete a regional anesthesiology & acute pain medicine fellowship!

Q: What is one highlight of your time in UF’s anesthesiology residency program?

A: Many to choose from, but I’d have to say my co-residents were the highlight of the residency program. They were/are an incredible group of people who will no doubt move the specialty forward during their careers.

Q: What are you most grateful to have learned during your residency?

A: The importance of teamwork. Anesthesiology requires many individuals to work in sync to take good care of a patient and the team at UF (attendings, CRNAs/CAAs, and residents) along with all the other staff (anesthesia techs, circulators, etc.) have illustrated an excellent example on how to work together to provide exceptional care.

Q: How did the UF anesthesiology residency prepare you for your next steps?

A: Residency at UF has prepared me very well for my next steps, both in fellowship and my career. The high acuity of cases here means there is very little that I feel unprepared for moving forward. Even during the rare times that I might encounter something new, I know there is a wealth of knowledge and resources available to me at UF to rely on so I can provide excellent care to patients.

Q: What will you miss the most about UF’s anesthesiology residency?

A: I’m going to miss the people the most. I will especially miss spending time with my co-residents outside the hospital – grabbing beers at a local brewery, trying a new restaurant, or simply going to a cookout, to name a few. I’ll always cherish the memories made during residency and look forward to creating new ones during fellowship and beyond with another stellar group of colleagues!

Nicole Premo, Krupesh Dave and Hope Sprunger