The Department of Anesthesiology sent nine posters and had two podium presentations at the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists (FSA) Annual Meeting held June 10-12 at The Breakers in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The FSA Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of anesthesiologists in the southeastern United States.
Also at the meeting, Chris Giordano, M.D., associate professor of anesthesiology, division chief of liver transplantation, and director of the Anesthesiology/Critical Care Clerkship, was named FSA president-elect. He will serve as president-elect for one year and begin his term as president on June 11, 2023.
In addition, chief resident Andrey Suprun, M.D., Holden Brown, M.D., CA-3, and Asad Bashir, M.D., CA-1, represented UF well at FSA jeopardy, making it to the final round. Special thanks to Yury Zasimovich, M.D., assistant professor of anesthesiology and chief of the Division of Acute and Perioperative Pain Medicine Division, for his coaching support.
Great job to all!
- Sustained Relief of Focal Knee Pain After Bilateral Patellectomy with L3 DRG Stimulation
Joshua Winegar, M.D.; Juan Mora, M.D.
- Effects of Clinical Factors on Cooled Radiofrequency Ablation Outcomes: A Retrospective Single-Center Study
Holden Brown, M.D., M.B.A.; Jeffrey Pence, M.D.; Juan Mora, M.D.; Terrie Vasilopoulos, Ph.D.; Rene Przkora, M.D., Ph.D.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Outcome Analysis Over Five Years
Sam Searcy, M.D.; Keith Jenkins, M.D.; Chris Henson, M.D.; Bill Mallett, M.D.; Blessing Ogbemudia, M.D.; Juan Mora, M.D.; Vyshakh Shibu; Rene Przkora, M.D., Ph.D.
- Improvement in Postoperative Care of Intraoperative Recall
Muna Oli, M.D.; Hope Sprunger, M.D.; Lawrence Caruso, M.D.; Nik Gravenstein, M.D.; Stephanie Gore, MSN, RN, CCRN-K
- A Patient Safety Quality Initiative to Decrease Risk of Acute Chest Syndrome Post Anesthesia in Patient with Diagnosed Sickle Cell Disease
Hope Sprunger, M.D.; Sonia Mehta, M.D.
- Complete Regional Anesthetic Technique for Posterior Shoulder Labral Repair and Cubital Tunnel Release in a Patient with High-risk Bilateral Pulmonary Blebs
Andrey Suprun, M.D.; Keyana Vyas, M.D.; Adrian J. Maurer, M.D..
- Opioid-free Multi-modal Anesthetic Protocol During Cardiopulmonary Bypass Surgery: Facilitates Early Neurological Exam and Fast-track to Extubation
Fritz-Gerald Charles, M.D.; Patrick Tighe, M.D.; Michael Franklin, D.O.
- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor of the Brachial Plexus in a Jehovah’s Witness Patient
Shahrukh Bengali, M.D.; Asad Bashir, M.D.; Barys Ihnatsenka, M.D.
- Reducing Tinnitus-Associated Otalgia with Ultrasound-Guided Occipital Nerve Blocks
Colby Skinner, M.D.; Sanjeev Kumar, M.D.
- Anesthetic Management of a Parturient with Marfan Syndrome and Chronic Type B Aortic Dissection Undergoing Cesarean Section
Karolain Garcia, M.D.; Vadim Katsenovich, D.O.
- Evolving Care of a Parturient with Newly Diagnosed Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, Chronic Hypertension and Myocarditis
Lida Esfandiary, M.D.; Adam L. Wendling, M.D.