Dave Hutchinson, M.D., receives Outstanding Resident Educator Award for second year

David Hutchinson, MD

We are proud to announce that fourth-year resident Dave Hutchinson, M.D., has been honored with the 2021 Outstanding Resident Educator Award for the second consecutive year!

This award is presented by the University of Florida’s Society of Teaching Scholars to one individual from each department. The award is intended to honor a resident who has excelled in teaching other residents and medical students.

Hutchinson was honored during a ceremony on March 15 as part of the UF College of Medicine’s annual Medical Education Week. The week recognizes the educational accomplishments and contributions of UF faculty and residents, as well as highlights innovations and timely topics in medical education.

“Education is an integral aspect of our residency training and without the guidance and teachings of our incredible faculty, I would not be in the position I am today,” said Hutchinson, who was one of the 2021-22 chief residents. “Teaching and aiding others in achieving their goals and true potential has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and is something I look forward to every day. I am truly honored to have received this award for the past two years, and I look forward to growing this area of my practice as I begin my career at the Gainesville VA hospital in July. I’m so very grateful for the opportunity to work with the incredible residents and medical students that UF has to offer.”

Congratulations, Dr. Hutchinson!

Learn more about our education programs.

Dave Hutchinson with his educator's award