CRNA spotlight: Nikki Rosace

In 2020, UF Health acquired what is now Halifax Health | UF Health, which includes Medical Center of Daytona Beach and Medical Center of Deltona.

Nikki Rosace

We caught up with Nikki Rosace, chief CRNA at Halifax Health Daytona Beach.

Q: Hometown:

A: I am originally from Youngstown, Ohio, and moved to Florida 23 years ago. I currently live in New Smyrna Beach, which is about 20 miles south of Daytona Beach.

Q: Where did you earn your degree/do your training to become a CRNA?

A:I earned my BSN from the Ohio State University and MSHS in nurse anesthesia from LaRoche College in Pittsburgh.

Q: What led you to join Halifax Health? How long have you worked there and how long have you been Chief CRNA? 

A: I joined Halifax Health in 2006 because a fellow CRNA convinced me it was a great place to work and the schedule fit right in with my lifestyle. I became vice chief five years ago and became chief on Oct. 1, 2021.

Q: What do you enjoy about working at Halifax Health?

A: I enjoy Halifax Health because I have been involved in some areas of growth and achievement, the anesthesiology department is respected and we are leaders in the operating room, and the people I work with are compassionate and take the utmost pride in their occupations. This hospital has a community feel and many who work here are from this area or have lived here for many years.

Q: What do you like to do when you are not working? 

A: When I’m not working, I enjoy my hometown, New Smyrna Beach. Anything outdoors, such as running, biking, boating, going to the beach, and enjoying my family.

Q: What is one of your future professional goals?

A: My goal is to continue in my role and be an effective leader.

Learn more about our regional anesthesia programs.