We are joining the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM) in the 15th Annual SABM Patient Blood Management Awareness Week® from November 1-5.
What is patient blood management?
Patient blood management is the timely application of evidence-based medical and surgical concepts designed to optimize hemoglobin concentration, optimize hemostasis, and minimize blood loss to improve patient outcomes.
Why is patient blood management necessary?
- Reduces unnecessary hospital and patient care costs
- Improves patient safety by minimizing exposure to blood
- May reduce hospital length of stay and exposure to viruses and other blood-borne diseases
- May reduce the risk of hospital-acquired complications and infections
- Conserves a precious community resource
Learn more about patient blood management at UF Health.
Enter our giveaway!
Visit our social media feeds for your chance to win a Starbucks gift basket! Stay tuned to our Twitter and Facebook for information on how to enter throughout the week.