Kelly Spaulding Honored for 30 Years of Service to UF

Kelly Spaulding receiving service award

Congratulations to Kelly Spaulding, program assistant in the Education Office, who was honored in August for 30 years of service to the University of Florida!

Kelly received a plaque from Kent Fuchs, Ph.D., UF president, at a staff appreciation reception held Aug. 10 at the Earl and Christy Powell University House. Typically held in March, but postponed due to the pandemic, the event honored staff who celebrated 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 years of service at UF in 2020.

Kelly has been an asset to our department in various positions for three decades. Her event-planning skills, knowledge, and enthusiasm are vital to the successful operations of the Education Office and the department as a whole. Recently, Kelly was instrumental in planning the 2021 resident graduation celebration in June. The first in-person ceremony in more than a year drew more than 100 people to Touchdown Terrace and was a huge success.

Mike Good, M.D., a former professor of anesthesiology, recruited Kelly from former Florida coach Steve Spurrier.

“I was supposed to be interviewing as Steve Spurrier’s secretary when HR asked me if I would consider interviewing with anesthesiology,” Kelly said. “I did. I stayed. It became a second family.”