Abdullah Ahmad, PhD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Abdullah Ahmad, PhD., is an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and is apart of the Division of Research. Dr. Ahmad earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry as well as a master’s and doctoral degree in Analytical Chemistry all from Aligarh Muslim University in India. He completed his postdoctoral training in Neuroscience at Hamdard University in India and at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. Dr. Ahmad has worked on many grant studies along with editorial boards including peer reviewing many journals and articles. He is a member of many professional societies including the American Heart and Stroke Association, the International Stroke Society, International Brain Research Organization, Society for Neuroscience, and the Indian Academy of Neurosciences. Dr. Ahmad has also worked on many publications and contributed to books, abstracts, and journals.
|2010||Post- PhD, Neuroscience||Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore, MD|
|2003||Post- PhD, Neuroscience||Hamdard University||New Dehli, India|
|2001||PhD, Analytical Chemistry||Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh, India|
- Leonardo CC, Mendes M, Ahmad AS, Doré S. Efficacy of prophylactic flavan-3-ol in permanent focal ischemia in 12-mo-old mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015 Mar 15;308(6):H583-91. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00239.2014. Epub 2015 Jan 9.
- Saleem S, Ahmad AS, Maruyama T, Narumiya S, Doré S. PGF(2alpha) FP receptor contributes to brain damage following transient focal brain ischemia. Neurotox Res. 2009 Jan;15(1):62-70. doi: 10.1007/s12640-009-9007-3. Epub 2009 Feb 11.
- Ahmad AS, Ahmad M, Maruyama T, Narumiya S, Doré S. Prostaglandin D2 DP1 receptor is beneficial in ischemic stroke and in acute exicitotoxicity in young and old mice. Age (Dordr). 2010 Sep;32(3):271-82. doi: 10.1007/s11357-010-9135-y. Epub 2010 Mar 5.
- Shah ZA, Li RC, Ahmad AS, Kensler TW, Yamamoto M, Biswal S, Doré S. The flavanol (-)-epicatechin prevents stroke damage through the Nrf2/HO1 pathway. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010 Dec;30(12):1951-61. doi: 10.1038/jcbfm.2010.53. Epub 2010 May 5. Erratum in: J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2014 Apr;34(4):735.
Singh N, Ma B, Leonardo CC, Ahmad AS, Narumiya S, Doré S. Role of PGE₂ EP1 receptor in intracerebral hemorrhage-induced brain injury. Neurotox Res. 2013 Nov;24(4):549-59. doi: 10.1007/s12640-013-9410-7. Epub 2013 Jul 4.
Ahmad AS, Yun YT, Ahmad M, Maruyama T, Doré S. Selective blockade of PGE2 EP1 receptor protects brain against experimental ischemia and excitotoxicity, and hippocampal slice cultures against oxygen-glucose deprivation. Neurotox Res. 2008 Dec;14(4):343-51.
- Ahmad AS, Zhuang H, Doré S. Heme oxygenase-1 protects brain from acute excitotoxicity. Neuroscience. 2006 Sep 15;141(4):1703-8. Epub 2006 Jul 10.
Ahmad AS, Saleem S, Ahmad M, Doré S. Prostaglandin EP1 receptor contributes to excitotoxicity and focal ischemic brain damage. Toxicol Sci. 2006 Jan;89(1):265-70. Epub 2005 Oct 19.
- Ahmad AS, Maruyama T, Narumiya S, Doré S. PGE2 EP1 receptor deletion attenuates 6-OHDA-induced Parkinsonism in mice: old switch, new target. Neurotox Res. 2013 Apr;23(3):260-6. doi: 10.1007/s12640-013-9381-8. Epub 2013 Feb 6.
Ahmad M, Saleem S, Zhuang H, Ahmad AS, Echeverria V, Sapirstein A, Doré S. 1-hydroxyPGE reduces infarction volume in mouse transient cerebral ischemia. Eur J Neurosci. 2006 Jan;23(1):35-42.