Multidisciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship
The Division of Pain Medicine offers a one-year fellowship with the goal of producing physicians who will not only be technically skilled in interventional pain management, but will become leaders in the field of Pain Medicine, including all aspects of acute and chronic pain in ambulatory and hospitalized patients.
Training will emphasize the ability to analyze and manage clinical problems, and to arrive at innovative and practical solutions using procedural, psychological, pharmacotherapeutic, physiatric, and physical therapies.
The Pain Medicine Fellowship scored high and above national average in all satisfaction categories based on a recent fellow survey.
Why you should join us….
Dates & Information: In Regards to NRMP Match
- Applications will be accepted until June 30th.
- Positions will be matched through the NRMP match. Please visit the NRMP website http://www.nrmp.org for specific dates and to register yourself for match to our program.
Pain Fellowship Eligibility
- You must have completed (by June 30th) an ACGME Accredited Residency in one of the following four medical disciplines:
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM & R)
IMPORTANT: To apply, you must sign up and participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications should be submitted through ERAS by June 30.
Please submit the following application materials through ERAS:
- UNIVERSAL PAIN MEDICINE APPLICATION
- Complete all applicable sections of the application
- PERSONAL STATEMENT
- Your personal statement should include your short and long-term professional goals and why you are interested in pursuing a pain medicine fellowship.
- CV / RESUME
- Most current version
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION (3)
- Three (4 max) letters of recommendation from individuals you list as references on page 3 of the Fellowship Application.
- Include one from your Department Chair and/or one from your Residency Program Director.
- Letters should be on letterhead with the recommender’s signature (or e-signature).
- Be aware that it is your responsibility to request and track progress of the necessary letters, so make sure to follow-up with these individuals to ensure the letters get done and sent to us by deadline.