Gordon L. Gibby, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Phone: (352) 273-8960
Dr. Gordon L. Gibby is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Affiliate Associate Professor for the Department of Medicine. He earned a bachelor’s and master’s degree in electrical engineering and he received his medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Gibby interned for Emory Affiliated Hospitals in medicine and pediatrics. He is licensed in Florida and is a Diplomate for the American Board of Anesthesiology.
During Dr. Gibby’s spare time, he is an active member in several professional societies such as the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Society for Technology in Anesthesia. He also likes to give back to his community and has worked as a part-time teacher for Cornerstone Academy; a Board Member for the Women’s Resource and Medical Clinic; and Advisory Board Member for Arbor House Maternity Shelter. Dr. Gibby is an Ad Hoc Consultant for the Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing.
|1988||Fellowship, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1984||Internship, Medicine and Pediatrics||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1987||Residency, Anesthesiology||Emory Affiliated Hospitals|
|1984||MD||Emory University School of Medicine||Atlanta, GA|
Clinical anesthesiology, computers and monitoring in anesthesia, liver transplantation
Awards and Honors
|1982||Student Clerkship in Cerebrovascular Medicine, American Heart Association|
|1978-1980||Grade Fellow, National Science Foundation|
|1978||Eta Kappa Nu|
|1978||Phi Eta Sigma|
|1978||Tau Beta Pi|
|1975||Sophomore Award, Eta Kappa Nu|
|1973||National Merit Scholar|
|1997||Gordon L. Gibby, European Patent 0440745, Method for noninvasive intermittent and/or continuous hemoglobin, arterial oxygen content, and hematocrit determination|
|1993||Gordon L. Gibby, 5,180,896, System and method for in-line heating of medical fluid|
|1992||Gordon L. Gibby, 5,156,159, CO2 diagnostic monitor with reputable container|
- Gibby GL: Shock and electrocution, in Lobato EB, Gravenstein N, Kirby RR(eds.): Complications in Anesthesiology, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, pp. 780-799 2008.
- Gibby GL: Procedure radiologiche, tomografia computerizzata, risonanza magnetica e radioterapia, in Kirby RR, Gravenstein N, Lobato EB, Gravenstein JS (eds.): L’anestesia nella pratica clinica, ed. 2a. Roma, Italy, Antonio Delfino Editore medicina-scienze, pp. 988-1002 2005.
- Frölich MA, Gibby G, Mahla ME: Thromboelastography to assess coagulation in the thrombocytopenic parturient, letter to the editor. Can J Anaesth, 50(8) 853, 2003.
- Gibby GL: How preoperative assessment programs can be justified financially to hospital administrators. Int Anesthesiol Clin 40(2):17-30, 2002.
- Gibby GL: Radiologic procedures, computed tomography scans, magnetic resonance imaging, and radiation therapy, in Kirby RR, Gravenstein N, Lobato EB, Gravenstein JS (eds.): Clinical Anesthesia Practice, ed 2. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, pp.. 988-1002 2002.