Timothy W. Martin, MD, MBA
Department of Anesthesiology
College of Medicine, University of Florida
PO Box 100254
1600 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32610
Dr. Martin is a Professor,Chief of Pediatric Anesthesiology, Associate Chair for Education, and Residency Program Director. He comes from Arkansas Children’s Hospital/University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and the Vice-Chair for Education and Administration. Dr. Martin received his bachelor’s in biology with distinction and his medical degree from the University of Missouri (Kansas City); he later went on to complete a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Arkansas, where he was voted “Outstanding MBA Student.” He completed his internship and anesthesiology residency, where he was the Chief Resident, at Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center, and his fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. During his service with the United States Air Force Reserve (Medical Services Corp), he extended his active duty to Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) and later moved to permanent rank of Colonel. Dr. Martin is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology with additional certification in Pediatric Anesthesiology and Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA). He is also medically licensed in Arkansas, Ohio, Texas, and Kentucky. Dr. Martin has contributed to many journals, article reviews, presentations, and books
|1999||MBA||University of Arkansas, Little Rock||Little Rock, AR|
|1988||Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship||Children’s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine||Cincinnati, OH|
|1987||Anesthesiology Residency||Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base||San Antonio, TX|
|1985||Rotating Internship||Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base||San Antonio, TX|
|1984||MD||University of Missouri at Kansas City, College of Medicine||Kansas City, MO|
|1982||BA (Biology with Distinction)||University of Missouri at Kansas City, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences||Kansas City, MO|
Awards and Honors
|2011-2015||Cleveland C. Burton Endowed Chair in Pediatric Anesthesiology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children’s Hospital|
|1995, 2012||“Red Sash” Award – Recognition for Excellence in Medical Student Education, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine|
|2002, 2003||“Golden Apple” Award – Recognition for Excellence in Resident Education, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine|
|1996, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014||Selected for inclusion in the list of “Best Doctors in US”, Best Doctors, Inc.|
|1993, 1999||Meritorious Service Medal|
|1998||Outstanding Graduate US Air Force War College, Maxwell AFB, AL|
|1991||Staff Physician of the Quarter, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center|
- Parsons DS, Lockett JS, Martin TW. Pediatric endoscopy: pediatric and surgical techniques. Am J Otolaryngol 1992 Sept-Oct; 13(5): 271-83. 2.
- Koh JL, Harrison DR, Stephen S, Marchitto K, Martin TW. Local anesthesia by topical application of lidocaine after stratum comeum ablation with an ER: Yag Laser. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology 2003 volume 6 number 2
- Al-Takrouri H, Martin TW, Mayhew JF, Hyperkalemic cardiac arrest following succinylcholine administration: The use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenated in an emergency situation. J Clin Anesth 2004 Sep; 16( 6):449-51.
- Ghafoor AU, Martin TW, Mayhew JF. Caring for the patients with Cervical Spine injuries: What Have We Learned? J Clin Anesth 2005 Dec; 17(8):640-649. 5.
- Shroff PK, Martin TW, Schmitz ML. Successful anesthetic management of a child with an extensive facial hemangioma and high output cardiac failure for placement of a central venous catheter. Paediatr Anaesth 2006 Jan; 16(1 ):77-81. 6. Martin TW. Hospital system institutes random drug test for physicians. hcPRO Medical Staff Briefing 2007 Feb; 17(2):4-6.
- Shah S. Martin TW. Sangari TS. Qasim MY, Severe hypertension and bradycardia after dexmedetomidine for radiology sedation in a patient with acute transverse myelitis. Paediatric Anesth 2008 Oct; 2008 Jul; 18(7) 681-682.
- Gopalakrishnan S., Shah S, Apuya JS, Martin TW. Anesthetic management of a patient with idiopathic arterial calcification of infancy and fused cervical spine. Paediatr Anaesth 2008 Jul; 18(7) 681-682.
- Shah S, Shah S, Apuya J, Gopalakrishnan S, Martin TW. Combination of oral ketamine and midazolam as a premedication for a severely autistic and combative patient. J Anesth 2009; 23(1)126-128.
- Shah S, Shah S, Apuya J. Martin TW. Use of lntralipid® in an infant with impending cardiovascular collapse due to local anesthetic toxicity. J Anesth 2009; 23 :439-441.