Rene Przkora, MD, PhD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Phone: (352) 273-8954
Rene Przkora, MD, PhD, MMS, joined the University of Florida faculty as an associate professor in anesthesiology and pain medicine in 2014. He is the fellowship director of the multidisciplinary pain medicine fellowship program of the University of Florida. Before arriving at UF, Dr. Przkora spent time at the University of Texas Medical Branch as assistant professor in anesthesiology and pain medicine as well as the assistant director of the pain medicine fellowship and the education director of the Patient Simulation Center.
In 1999, Dr. Przkora received a medical degree from the University of Wurzburg in Germany. He then went on to obtain a PhD in 2000 from the University of Bonn in Germany. He received training in general and orthopedic surgery in Germany. In 2006, Dr. Przkora finished a 2-year post-doctoral research fellowship at the University of Texas Medical Branch. He arrived at the University of Florida in 2006 and completed his residency in anesthesiology in 2010. Dr. Przkora was a fellow in pain medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston and graduated in 2011. He finished his post-doctoral training by receiving a certificate in business administration from the American Society of Anesthesiology.
Dr. Przkora is board certified in pain medicine and anesthesiology. He is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the American Academy of Pain Medicine, the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, and the International Anesthesia Research Society. Dr. Przkora is a junior editor for the American Board of Anesthesiology and a reviewer for scientific journals.
Dr. Przkora has published over 40 articles in peer-reviewed journals and obtained independent research funding.
|2013||Certificate in Business Administration||American Society of Anesthesiologists||Houston, Texas|
|2011||Fellowship, Pain Medicine||Harvard Medical School||Boston, Massachusetts|
|2010||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida||Gainesville, Florida|
|2006||Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship||University of Texas Medical Branch||Galveston, Texas|
|1999||Residency, Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery||Charite University Medical Center-Benjamin Franklin||Berlin, Germany|
|2002||Residency, Surgery||University of Regensburg Medical Center||Regensburg, Germany|
|2001||Internship, Orthopedic Trauma Surgery||Medical University of Hannover||Hannover, Germany|
|2000||PhD||University of Bonn||Germany|
|1999||MD||University of Wurzburg||Germany|
Pain Medicine, Anesthesiology Education, Functional Outcomes, Novel Methods and Their Combination to Assess Pain Treatment in Older Adults, Evaluation of Pain Treatment in Older Adults, Preserving Muscle Mass and Function in Older Adults, Education in Practice Management – Pain Medicine, Simulation and Education
- Przkora R, McGrady W, Vasilopoulos T, Gravenstein N, Solanki D. Evaluation of the Head-Mounted Display for Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Nerve Blocks in Simulated Regional Anesthesia. Pain Med. 2015 Apr 30.
von der Hoeh NH, Voelker A, Gulow J, Uhle U, Przkora R, Heyde CE. Impact of a multidisciplinary pain program for the management of chronic low back pain in patients undergoing spine surgery and primary total hip replacement: a retrospective cohort study. Patient Saf Surg. 2014 Aug 8;8:34.
Palmieri TL, Przkora R, Meyer WJ 3rd, Carrougher GJ: Measuring Burn Injury Outcomes. Surg Clin North Am, Aug, 94(4): 909-916, 2014.
- Przkora R, Fram RY, Herndon DN, Suman OE, Mlcak RP: Influence of inhalation injury on energy expenditure in severely burned children. Burns, May, pii: S0305-4179, 2014.
- Bednar T, Heyde C, Bednar G, Nguyen D, Volpi E, Przkora R: Kyphoplasty for Vertebral Augmentation in the Elderly with Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures: Scenarios and Review of Recent Studies. Clin Ther, Nov 35(11):1721-7, 2013.
- Przkora R, Martin TD, Hess PJ, Kulkarni RS: Intrathecal Morphine in Two Patients Undergoing Deep Hypothermic Circulatory Arrest during Aortic Surgery. Korean J Anesthesiol, 63(6): 563-6, 2012.
- Przkora R, Euliano TY, Roussos Ross K, Zumberg M, Robicsek SA: Labor and Delivery in a Patient with Hemophilia B. Int J Obstet Anesth, 20(3): 250-3, 2012.
- Finnerty CC, Przkora R, Herndon DN, Jeschke MG: Cytokine expression profile over time in burned mice. Cytokine 45(1): 20-5, 2009.
- Jeschke MG, Mlcak RP, Finnerty CC, Norbury WB, Przkora R, Kulp GA, Gauglitz GG, Zhang XJ, Herndon DN: Gender differences in pediatric burn patients: does it make a difference? Ann Surg, 248(1): 126-36, 2008.
- Jeschke MG, Finnerty CC, Kulp GA, Przkora R, Mlcak RP, Herndon DN: Combination of recombinant human growth hormone and propranolol decreases hypermetabolism and inflammation in severely burned children. Pediatr Crit Care Med, 9(2): 209-16, 2008.
- Bohannon J, Cui W, Cox R, Przkora R, Sherwood E, Toliver-Kinsky T: Prophylactic treatment with fms-like tyrosine kinase-3 ligand after burn injury enhances global immune responses to infection. J Immunol, 180(5): 38-48, 2008.
- Przkora R, Herndon DN, Jeschke MG: The Factor Age and the Recovery of Severely Burned Children. Burns, 34(1): 41-4, 2008.