Tammy Y. Euliano, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Phone: (352) 273-7094
Dr. Euliano completed all her training at the University of Florida, from undergrad through fellowship, and has been on faculty since 1996. She specializes in obstetric anesthesia, with special interest in education of medical students and residents. She co-authored a basic textbook of anesthesia for medical students entitled, Essential Anesthesia: from Science to Practice, now in its second edition. Besides the use of technology in education, her research interests focus on maternal-fetal monitoring and preeclampsia detection. She holds several patents and works closely with her husband’s companies, Convergent Engineering and OB Medical.
|1995||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1992||Internship, Medicine||University Hospital||Jacksonville, FL|
|1991||MD||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
obstetric anesthesia, maternal-fetal monitoring, education, simulation
Awards and Honors
|2012||Department of Anesthesiology, Haven M. Perkins Lifetime Teaching Award|
|2011-2012||University of Florida, College of Medicine, Exemplary Teacher|
|2010||Southern Group on Educational Affairs, Outstanding Poster by a Professional Medical Educator Award for Zheng G, Euliano T, Chang MN, Mahla ME: Transition to practice (TPP): A small group teaching in senior residents of anesthesiology. Annual Meeting, Southern Group on Educational Affairs, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|2006||International Anesthesia Research Society, One of four Finalists for the 2004 IARS Teaching Recognition Award|
|2005||Academic Keys, Who’s Who in Medical Sciences Education|
|2004||International Anesthesia Research Society, One of four Finalists for the 2004 IARS Teaching Recognition Award|
|2004||International Anesthesia Research Society, Best of Session Abstract|
|2004||Society of Teaching Scholars, Elected|
|2002-2003||University of Florida, College of Medicine, Exemplary Teacher|
|2002||Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society|
|9/2012||US Patent 8,275,451, Maternal-Fetal Monitoring System (with Jose C. Principe, Dorothee Marossero, Neil R. Euliano)|
|7/2012||US Patent 8,211,015, Obstetric Analgesia System (with Dorothee Marossero, Neil Euliano, Jose Principe)|
|4/2012||US Patent 8,160,692 B2, System and method for analyzing progress of labor and preterm labor (with Dorothee Marossero, Neil Euliano, Jose Principe)|
|5/2011||US Patent 7,942,818, Obstetric Analgesia System (with Dorothee Marossero, Neil Euliano, Jose Principe)|
|2/2008||US Patent 7,333,850 B2, Maternal-fetal monitoring system (with Dorothee Marossero, Neil R. Euliano II, and Jose C. Principe)|
US Patent 6273728, Life support simulation system (with van Meurs WL, Lampotang S, Good ML, Beneken JEW, Carovano RC, Ellis MF, Azukas JB, McClure MW, Gravenstein JS)
- Brennan KM, Darmanjian S, Singh S, Euliano N, Euliano T. Prediction of Preeclampsia Through Plethysmogram Analysis. DUJS. Fall; 17(1):39-41, 2014.
- Silva LM, Darmanjian S, Euliano T. Photoplethysmography and Heart Rate Variability for the Prediction of Preeclampsia. University of Florida Journal of Undergraduate Research. Summer; 15(3):1-4, 2014.
- Euliano TY, Nguyen MT, Darmanjian S, McGorray SP, Euliano N, Onkala A, Gregg AR. Monitoring uterine activity during labor: a comparison of 3 methods. Am J Obstet Gynecol. Jan;208(1):66.e1-6, 2013.
- Euliano T: Respiratory physiology clinical correlation. MedEdPORTAL 2012. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/9119.
- Euliano TY, Gravenstein JS, Gravenstein N: Essential Anesthesia from Science to Practice, ed 2. Cambridge, University Press, 192 pp., 2011.
- Edwards DA, Euliano T. Pharmacology in pregnancy, in Edwards DA, Henriquez O (eds): ITE Master: Anesthesiology. JavMed Inc., Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada, , 2011.
- Wendling AL, Halan S. Tighe P, Le L, Euliano T, Lok B. Virtual humans versus standardized patients: which lead residents to more correct diagnoses? Acad Med. 2011 Mar; 86(3):384-8. Erratum in: Acad Med. May; 86(5):648, 2011.
- Przkora R, Euliano TY, Roussos-Ross K, Zumberg M, Robicsek SA: Labor and delivery in a patient with hemophilia B. Int J Obstet Anesth. 20:250-253, 2011.
- Laudanski K, Euliano T. Peripartum acute coronary syndrome in an otherwise healthy patient J Clin Anesth. 23:661-665, 2011.
- Wendling AL, Wendling MT, Gravenstein D, Euliano TY. Fractured small gauge needle during attempted combined spinal-epidural anesthesia for cesarean delivery. Anesth Analg. 111:245, 2010.
- Euliano TY, Robicsek SA, Banner MJ. The value of anesthesiology in undergraduate medical education as assessed by medical school faculty. J Educ Perioperative Med. 12:8, 2010.
- Euliano TY, Marossero D, Nguyen MT, Euliano NR, Principe J, Edwards RK. Spatiotemporal electrohysterography patterns in normal and arrested labors. Am J Obstet Gynecol. Jan;200(1):54.e1-7, 2009.
- Euliano TY, Neuromuscular Diseases, in Bucklin B, Gambling D, Wlody D (eds). A Practical Approach to Obstetric Anesthesia. Philadelphia, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, pp 435-456, 2008.
- Euliano TY, Nguyen MT, Marossero D, Edwards RK. Monitoring contractions in obese parturients: electrohysterography compared with traditional monitoring. Obstet Gynecol. 190:1136-1140, 2007.
- Froelich MA, Burchfield DJ, Euliano TY, Caton D. A single dose of fentanyl and midazolam prior to cesarean section have no adverse neonatal effects. Can J Anaesth. 53:79-85, 2006.
- Skowronski MD, Harris JG, Marossero DE, Edwards RK, Euliano T. Prediction of intrauterine pressure from electrohysterography using optimal linear filtering. IEEE-TBME. 53:1983-1989, 2006.
- Euliano TY, Skowronski MD, Marossero D, Edwards RK. Prediction of intrauterine pressure waveform from transabdominal electrohysterography. J Matern-Fetal Neonat Med. 19(12):811-6, 2006.