Brandon Lopez, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Dr. Lopez is a Clinical Assistant Professor for the Division of Obstetric Anesthesia, Perioperative Medicine, and Ambulatory Surgery. He comes to us from Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, where he was an Obstetric Anesthesia Fellow. Dr. Lopez earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, graduating summa cum laude from Loyola University in New Orleans. He earned his medical degree at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center with Alpha Omega Alpha honors and completed his internship, residency, and fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Dr. Lopez is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the International Anesthesia Research Society, and the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology.
Dr. Lopez is board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and currently serves as the Residency Rotation Director for residents on the anesthesia general surgery rotation and quality officer of the Presurgical Clinic. He has both clinical and research interest in nitrous oxide for labor, maternal congenital cardiac conditions, and quality in the perioperative arena.
Education and Training
|2016||Obstetric Anesthesia Fellowship||Vanderbilt University Medical Center||Nashville, TN|
|2015||Anesthesiology Residency||Vanderbilt University Medical Center||Nashville, TN|
|2012||Anesthesiology Internship||Vanderbilt University Medical Center||Nashville, TN|
|2011||MD||Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center||New Orleans, LA|
|2005||BA, Business Administration||Loyola University||New Orleans, LA|
Awards and Achievements
|2015||Golden LMA Award|
|2011||Norma C Ragland Award|
|2010||Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society|
|2009||Hotel Dieu Medical Staff Scholarship|
|2008||Edgar Hull Memorial Scholarship|
|2005||Awarded “Who’s Who Among Colleges and Universities”|
|2005||Phi Eta Sigma National Scholarship Recipient|
|2005||Dean’s Honor Award Recipient|
|2005||Loyola University Dean’s Scholarship|
|2004||Beta Gamma Sigma National Business Honor Society|
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, 2010-Present
- International Anesthesia Research Society, 2011-Present
- Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology, 2015-Present
Publications and Presentations
- Richardson MG, Lopez BM, Baysinger CL. Should Nitrous Oxide Be Used for Laboring Patients? Anesthesiol Clin. 2017 Mar;35(1):125-143.
- Richardson MG, Lopez BM, Baysinger CL, Shotwell MS, Chestnut DH. Nitrous Oxide During Labor: Maternal Satisfaction Does Not Depend Exclusively on Analgesic Effectiveness. Anesth Analg. 2017 Feb;124(2):548-553.
- Lopez BM. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Grand Rounds. Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Nashville, TN. 2016 June 10; Anesthetic Management of Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy.
- Lopez BM, Richardson MG, Chestnut DH. SOAP National Meeting 2016. Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology; Boston, MA. 2016 May 22; Cesarean Delivery in Mothers with Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries: Is a Code Cart Available?
- Lopez BM, Richardson MG, Baysinger CL, Chestnut DH. SOAP National Meeting 2016. Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology; Boston, MA. 2016 May 21; Nitrous Oxide during Labor: What Matters, Analgesic Effectiveness or Patient Satisfaction?
- Lopez, BM. National Cancer Institute Summer Research Project Symposium. LSUHSC; New Orleans, LA. 2008 July; Detection of EBV in Cervical Samples of HIV Negative Women.