Christoph N. Seubert, MD, PhD, DABNM
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Dr. Christoph Seubert is a Professor of Anesthesiology and Neurosurgery, and Chief of the Division of Neuroanesthesia, at the University of Florida. He received his medical degree from Julius-Maximilians-Universität in Würzburg, Germany and his Ph.D. from Albert-Ludwigs-Universität in Freiburg, Germany. Dr. Seubert completed his residency in anesthesiology at the University of Heidelberg in Heidelberg, Germany. Additionally, he completed a residency, as well as a fellowship in cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia, at the University of Florida College of Medicine. His clinical interests are in anesthesia for neurosurgical procedures and intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring.
|2000||Fellowship, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1998||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1995||Internship, Internal Medicine||Memorial Medical Center||Savannah, GA|
|1994||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Heidelberg||Heidelberg, Germany|
|1993||Internship, Anesthesiology||University of Heidelberg||Heidelberg, Germany|
Anesthesia for neurosurgical procedures, intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring
Awards and Honors
|2014||Great Catch Award UF Health Office of Quality|
|2011||Abstract awarded “Best of Category,” Pediatric Anesthesia: Neonatal Safety & Anesthetics, IARS Meeting, Vancouver, Canada|
|2011||Wayne A Colburn Memorial Award, American College of Clinical Pharmacology|
|2006-2007||Best Doctors in America|
|1998-2000||Fellowship Award, American Heart Association|
- Tan S, Xu C, Zhu W*, Willis J*, Seubert CN, Gravenstein N, Sumners C, Martynyuk AE. Endocrine and Neurobehavioral Abnormalities Induced by Propofol Administered to Neonatal Rats. Anesthesiology. 2014 Jul 2 [Epub ahead of print]
- Seubert CN, Mahla ME: Neurologic monitoring, in Miller RD (ed): Miller’s Anesthesia. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier Churchill-Livingston, 2014.
- Conrado DJ*, Bewernitz M*, Ding M, Cibula J, Seubert C, Sy SK, Eisenschenk S, Derendorf H. Electroencephalogram effects of armodafinil: comparison with behavioral alertness. J Clin Pharmacol. 2013 Oct;53(10):1058-71.
- Seubert CN, Zhu W, Pavlinec C, Gravenstein N, Martynyuk AE: Developmental effects of neonatal isoflurane and sevoflurane exposure in rats. Anesthesiology Aug;119(2):358-64. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0b013e318291c04e, 2013.
- Cao W, Pavlinec C, Gravenstein N, Seubert CN, Martynyuk AE: Roles of aldosterone and oxytocin in abnormalities caused by sevoflurane anesthesia in neonatal rats. Anesthesiology Oct;117(4):791-800, 2012.
- Sahre M*, Sabarinath S, Grant M, Seubert CN, DeAnda C, Prokozimer P, Derendorf H. Skin and soft tissue concentrations of tedizolid (formerly torezolid), a novel oxazolidinone, following a single oral dose in healthy volunteers. Int J Antimicrob Agents 40:51-54, 2012.
- Moran C*, Seubert CN: Anesthesia for Carotid Surgery, in Ruskin K: Fundamentals in Neuroanesthesia; New York, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Moran C*, Mahla ME, Reichwage B*, Peters K, Lewis SB, Seubert CN: Transient bilateral brainstem dysfunction caused by topical administration of papaverine. J Neurosurg 115: 715-19, 2011.
- Cao W*, Glushakov A, Shah HP*, Mecca AP, Sumners C, Shi P, Seubert CN, Martynyuk AE: Halogenated aromatic amino acid 3,5-dibromo-D: -tyrosine produces beneficial effects in experimental stroke and seizures. AminoAcids 40(4):1151-8; 2011
- Seubert CN, Herman M: Auditory evoked potentials, in in Koht A, Sloan TB, Toleikis JR (eds): Monitoring the Nervous System for Anesthesiologists and Other Health Care Professionals. New York, Springer, pp 47-68, 2011.
- Edwards DA, Shah HP, Cao W, Gravenstein N, Seubert CN, Martynyuk AE. Bumetanide alleviates epileptogenic and neurotoxic effects of sevoflurane in neonatal rat brain. Anesthesiology 112:567-575, 2010.
- Seubert CN, Mahla ME: Neurologic monitoring, in Miller RD (ed): Miller’s Anesthesia. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier Churchill-Livingston; 1477-1514, 2010.