Carl W. Peters, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Dr. Carl Peters is a former naval aviator and has also practiced many years as an Emergency Room physician at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Peters received his Bachelor’s in Bacteriology from the University of California Los Angeles. He then went to the University of Florida for his medical degree and even continued his postdoctoral training here at UF in Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology. He is a Diplomate for the American Board of Anesthesiology and the National Board of Medical Examiners. Dr. Peters was a part of the NASA Medical Support Team and was Co-Chair of the Sedation and Analgesia Committee at UF Health Hospital. He is a member of many professional societies such as the American Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists, American College of Chest Physicians, and the Society of Critical Care medicine.
|2003||Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2002||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1987||Residency, Internal Medicine||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1986||Internship, Internal Medicine||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1983||MD||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
Emergency medicine, internal medicine, advanced trauma life support, advanced cardiac life support.
- Bonett S, Banner MJ, Euliano NR, Peters CW, Layon AJ, Gabrielli A: Pressure support ventilation advisory system provides valid recommendations for setting ventilator. Respir Care (Epub 2010 Nov 16), 56(3): pp 272-277, 2011.
- Peters CW, Byeth RJ, Bautista MK, : Critical Care in the Geriatric Patient in Gabrielli A, Layon AJ, Yu M (eds): Civetta, Taylor, and Kirby’s Critical Care, ed 4. Philadelphia, Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, pp 2061-2080, 2009.
- Banner MJ, Euliano NR, MacIntyre NR, Layon AJ, Bonett S, Gentile MA, Bshouty Z, Peters C, Gabrielli A: Ventilator advisory system employing load and tolerance strategy recommends appropriate pressure support ventilation settings: Multi-site validation study. Chest 133: pp 697-670, 2008.
- Banner MJ, Euliano NR, Brennan V, Peters C, Layon AJ, Gabrielli A: Power of breathing determined noninvasively with use of an artificial neural network in patients with respiratory failure. Crit Care Med 34: pp 1052-1059, 2006.
- Peters CW, Layon AJ, Janelle G: Postoperative asystole in a vasculopathic man. J Clin Anesth 18: pp 230-236, 2006.
- Peters CW, Layon AJ, Edwards RK: Cardiac arrest during pregnancy. J Clin Anesth 17, pp 229-234, 2005.