Arturo Gilberto Torres, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
A practicing anesthesiologist for several years, Dr. Torres completed a Critical Care Medicine Fellowship at the University of Florida, where he went on to become a faculty member. As a graduate of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and a naval physician, Dr. Torres has worked in a variety of healthcare settings. This diverse background has allowed him to bring depth to the critical care section.
|2016 – 2017||Critical Care Medicine Fellowship||University of Florida||Gainesville, FL|
|2011 – 2012||Chief Resident, Anesthesia Residency||Naval Medical Center San Diego||San Diego, CA|
|2009 – 2011||Anesthesia Residency||Naval Medical Center San Diego||San Diego, CA|
|2007||General Surgery Internship||Naval Medical Center San Diego||San Diego, CA|
|2006||Doctor of Medicine||University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine||Pittsburgh, PA|
|2002||BA in Natural Sciences||University of South Florida||Tampa, FL|
Honors & Awards
- Naval and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, 2014
- Naval and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, 2008 & 2012
- Area of Concentration Certificate, awarded for completion of para-curricular activity while in medical school for in-depth analysis of the underserved Hispanic Population of Pittsburgh, 2006
- R. Patel and A. Torres, Ultrasound in the ICU: SOCCA ICU Resident’s Guide 2017 edition.
- A. Torres, B. Fahy et al. “Nutritional and metabolic derangements in critically ill elderly”. Principles of Geriatric Critical Care (upcoming edition) chap 7, 2016.
- B. Fahy, A. Torres et al. “Disorder of Water Homeostasis: Hyponatremia and Hypernatremia”. Complications of Anesthesia (3rd edition) chap 103, 2015.
- Torres, AG. “Unexpected Complete Heart Block and Anesthetic Implications”. A&A Case Reports. 2015 Aug 1;5(3):33-5.
- A. Torres, R. Tostenrud and E. Lujan, “Airway Pressure Release Ventilation Improves Oxygenation in a Patient with Pulmonary Hypertension and Abdominal Compartment Syndrome,” Open Journal of Anesthesiology, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp. 14-17, 2013.