Gregory M. Janelle, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
|1999||Fellowship, Cardiovascular Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1998||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1995||Internship, Medicine and Critical Care||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1994||MD||Boston University School of Medicine||Boston, MA|
|1994||BA, Medical Science (cum Laude)||Boston University School of Medicine||Boston, MA|
- Presidential Appointee, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Board of Directors, 2015-present.
- Best Doctors in America, 2003-2004, 2005-2006, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2011-2012, 2013-2014.
- Exemplary Teacher Award, UF College of Medicine, 2013-2014
- Keynote Speaker, “Team Building in the Swamp,” Surgeons’ Travel Club Annual Meeting, April 25, 2014, Gainesville, FL.
- Invited Contestant, “Not Just Echo Jeopardy”, Society of Cardiovascular
- Anesthesiologists’ 35th Annual Meeting, April 9, 2013, Miami Beach, Florida.
- International Association of Anesthesiologists, “Top Doctor”, spotlighted in The Leading Physicians of the World, 2013-present.
- Customer Key Awards, UF Health, 2010, 2013.
- Reviewer, Research Councils United Kingdom, Medical Research Council Reviewer, 2011- present:
Grants reviewed: MR/J005118/1
- Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare, 2011-2012.
- Color Photography, Honorable Mention, “Atlantis”, American Society of Anesthesiology Art Exhibit, October 18-22, 2008.
- Color Photography, Honorable Mention, “Night Sky Over Acadia”, American Society of Anesthesiology Art Exhibit, October 18-22, 2008.
- Best of the Meeting for Scientific Abstracts:
Delano MJ, Janelle GM, Scumpia PO, Ungaro R, Tannahill CL, O’ Malley K, Abouhamze A, Martin TD, Staples ED, Scott WW, Moldawer LL, Hess PJ: Proteonomic Responses after Cardiopulmonary Bypass Do Not Correlate With Fluctuations in Monocyte and T cell Levels. Annual University of Florida Department of Surgery Research Competition, April 20, 2007.
- Reviewer, Kentucky Science and Engineering Foundation Research and Development Excellence Program:
Grant KSEF-1259-RDE-009 reviewed, 2006.
- Best of Section Award for Scientific Abstracts International Anesthesia Research Society 78th Clinical and Scientific Congress, March 27-30, 2004.
Temporal Performance of the T-Lineä Tensymeter (Continuous Non-Invasive Blood Pressure Management Device) with conventional Invasive Radial Artery Tonometry in Surgical Patients.
- Black and White Photography, 1st place, “Convergence”, American Society of Anesthesiology Art Exhibit, October 22-26, 2005.
- Smith WB, Robinson AR 3rd, Janelle GM. Expanding role of perioperative transesophageal echocardiography in the general anesthesia practice and residency training in the USA. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2015 Feb;28(1):95-100. PMID: 25500689
- Feezor RJ, Janelle GM, Klodell CT. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: from the femoral artery to the left ventricular apex–the spectrum to access. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2015 Mar;19(1):29-37. Epub 2014 Nov 25. PMID: 25425153
- Urdaneta F, Muehlschlege JD, Chawla LS, Palacios JM, Janelle GM. Roundtable discussion: status asthmaticus in a patient with an anterior mediastinal mass. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012 Dec;16(4):243-9. Epub 2012 Oct 29. PMID: 23111155