Timothy E. Morey, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
|1997||Fellowship, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1996||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1992||MD||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
Clinical anesthesiology, nanotechnology, particle science
Awards and Honors
|2012||Alachua County, Florida, Certificate of Appreciation, Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell for service in the I-75 Tragedy|
|2010||University of Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Humanitarian Award for service at Hôpital Sacré Coeur, Milot, Haiti following earthquake|
|2010||Volunteer trip to Haiti (January 25-30, 2010): Ran the operating room at Sacre Coere Hospital, Milot, Haiti and performed anesthesia for earthquake victims|
|2009||Anesthesia and Analgesia Front Cover Art – Figure from manuscript “Rice MJ, Mancuso AA, Gibbs C, Morey TE, Gravenstein LA Deitte LA: Cricoid pressure results in compression of the postcricoid hypopharynx: the esophageal position is irrelevant.” Anesth Analg. November 2009 issue, was chosen by editor to be the cover art for the front cover.|
|2006||Anesthesiology Front Cover Art – Figure from manuscript “Morey TE, Modell JH, Shekhawat D, Grand T, Shah DO, Gravenstein N, Dennis DM: Preparation and anesthetic properties of propofol microemulsions in rat. Anesthesiology 104:1184-1190, was chosen by editor to be the cover art for the June 2006 issue.|
|1988-1989||University of Florida Junior Honors Medical Program|
|1996||University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, T.W. Andersen Resident Research Award|
|1996||22nd Annual Gulf-Atlantic Anesthesia Residents’ Research Conference, Best Research Award, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL|
- Morey TE, Sappenfield JW, Gravenstein N, Rice MJ. Joint Commission and Regulatory Fatigue/Weakness/Overabundance/Distraction: Clinical Context Matters. Anesth Analg. 2015 Aug;121(2):394-6.
- Morey TE, Rice MJ, Gravenstein N. What is a reference standard? Anesth Analg. 2015 Jan;120(1):8-9.
- Rice MJ, Gravenstein N, Morey TE. Response to Al-Khabori M. et al.’s “validation of a non-invasive pulse CO-oximetry based hemoglobin estimation in normal blood donors,” Transfusion and Apheresis Science 2013 Nov 4. Accurate enough for blood donors? Not so fast. Transfus Apher Sci. 2014 Aug;51(1):83. doi: 10.1016/j.transci.2014.02.027. Epub 2014 Jul 24.
- Rice MJ, Gravenstein N, Morey TE. Screening for anemia: is this ready for prime time? Pediatr Int. 2014 Jun;56(3):438. doi: 10.1111/ped.12358.
- Morey TE, Rice MJ, Vasilopoulos T, Dennis DM, Melker RJ. Feasibility and accuracy of nasal alar pulse oximetry. Br J Anaesth. 2014 Jun;112(6):1109-14. doi: 10.1093/bja/aeu095. Epub 2014 Apr 15.
- Holroyd JL, Paulus DA, Rand KH, Enneking FK, Morey TE, Rice MJ. Universal intravenous access cleaning device fails to sterilize stopcocks. Anesth Analg. 2014 Feb;118(2):333-43.Rice MJ, Gravenstein N, Morey TE. Noninvasive hemoglobin monitoring: how accurate is enough? Anesth Analg. 2013 Oct;117(4):902-7. doi: 10.1213/ANE.0b013e31829483fb. Epub 2013 Jul 10.
- Remz M, Luria I, Gravenstein M, Rice SD, Morey TE, Gravenstein N, Rice MJ. Prevention of airway fires: do not overlook the expired oxygen concentration. Anesth Analg. 2013 Nov;117(5):1172-6.
- Martin JA, Parekh P, Kim Y, Morey TE, Sefah K, Gravenstein N, Dennis DM, Tan W. Selection of an aptamer antidote to the anticoagulant drug bivalirudin. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):e57341. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0057341. Epub 2013 Mar 6.
- Morey TE, Wasdo S, Wishin J, Quinn B, van der Straten A, Booth M, Gonzalez D, Derendorf H, Melker RJ, Dennis DM. Feasibility of a breath test for monitoring adherence to vaginal administration of antiretroviral microbicide gels. J Clin Pharmacol. 2013 Jan;53(1):103-11. doi: 10.1177/0091270011434157. Epub 2013 Jan 24.