Avner Sidi, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Dr. Avner Sidi is an associate professor at the Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, and with the department since 1985. His Major Administrative Responsibilities since 1985 were:
2008-2017 – Chairman of the Quality Control & Review Committee, Israeli Society of Anesthesiologists, Israel
2001-2008 – Chairman of Board Examination Committee in Anesthesiology, Israel Medical Association, Scientific Council, Israel
1997-2009 – Vice-Chairman and Director of PACU, Department of Anesthesiology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
1997-1999 – Director of CME program in Anesthesiology & Intensive Care, Tel Aviv University, Israel
1991-1997 – Co-Director, Liver Transplantation Anesthesia Team, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
1987-1988 – Director of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, Hadassah Medical Organization, Jerusalem, Israel
|1979||MD||Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School||Jerusalem, Israel|
|1983||Residency, Anesthesiology||Hadassah University Hospital||Jerusalem, Israel|
|1988||Research Fellowship, Cardiac Anesthesia||Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida, College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1990||Mini-Fellowship, Liver Transplantation-Anesthesia||Anesthesiology Department, University of Pittsburgh||Pittsburgh, PA|
- Hemodynamic Instability-Creating an Hemodynamic Instability Algorithm during Anesthesia & Surgery; Outcome prediction using the Algorithm during Anesthesia & Surgery; Using the Algorithm during Anesthesia & Surgery, for Smart Alarms.
- Simulation Exams-Organizing Certification Exams under Simulation; Cognitive Performance, Stress and Anxiety reactions during Simulation-based Exams.
Awards and Honors
2011 – Faculty Educational Research Grant, Chapman Education Center (COMCEC), University of Florida College of Medicine
2011 – First Place, Education, Competency & Assessment in Research Abstracts, Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SHH)
2002 – Research Grant Award, European Society of Anesthesiology
1996 – Outstanding Abstract Award, Society for Technology in Anesthesia
- Sidi A: Anesthesia in the Intensive Care, Section 3 Chapter 42. In Civetta, Taylor & Kirby’s Critical Care, 5th ed. Edited by Layon AJ, Gabrielli A, Yu M. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Submitted March 2015. To be published Oct 2015.
- Keidan, A. Sidi, E. Ben-Menachem, E. Derazne, H. Berkenstadt; A simple diagnostic test to confirm correct intravascular placement of peripheral catheters in order to avoid extravasation. J Clin Anest. Accepted (pending revision), March 2015. (JCA 14-114)
- A. Sidi, S. Lampotang, N. Gravenstein: Construct Validity and Generalizability of Simulation-based Objective Structured Clinical Examination Scenarios for Trainee Assessment. J Graduate Med Education; September 2014, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp 489-494.
- Ben-Menachem, A. Sidi, T. Wignanaski, Y. Gargi, H. Berkenstadt, I.Keidan; Percussion pacing as management of non-responsive asystole, during pediatric strabismus surgery. J Clin Anesth. 2014 Jun;26(4):332-4.
- Keidan, A. Sidi, E. Ben-Menachem,Y. Tene, H. Berkenstadt: Inconsistency between simultaneous blood pressure measurements in the arm, forearm, and leg in anesthetized children. J Clin Anesth. 2014 Feb;26(1):52-7.
- A.Sidi, T.Ozrazgat Baslanti, N Gravenstein, S. Lampotang: Simulation-based assessment to evaluate cognitive performance in an Anesthesiology residency training program. Ms. No. JGME-D-13-00230R1. J Graduate Med Education; Accepted for Publication, September 2013. In-Press March 2014. Article Identifier: JGME_60567. JGME 6 (1):85-92, 2014.
- Ben-Menachem, T. Ezri, A. Ziv, A. Sidi, S. Berkenstadt. Identifying and Managing Technical & Mechanical Malfunctions in the Anesthesia Machine – Lessons Learned from the Israeli Board of Anesthesiologists. Anesth Analg, 112(4): 864-866, April 2011.
- Ben-Menachem, T. Ezri, A. Ziv, A. Sidi, S. Brill, H. Berkenstadt. Objective Structured Clinical Examination – based assessment of regional anesthesia skills: the Israeli National Board Examination in Anesthesiology experience. Anesth Analg, 112(1): 242-245, January 2011.
- Peng YG, Martin T , Horowitz T, Sidi A, Janelle G: Repair of Concomitant Valvular Endocarditis, Using Single Homograft. Ann Thorac Surg, 88(2):e14-15, Aug 2009.
- Litofe T, Muehlschlegel JD, Peng YG, Sidi A: The diagnostic process, perioperative, and anesthetic management of an undiagnosed congenital cyanotic cardiac defect in an adult for trauma surgery – Case Conference, J Clin Anest, 21(6):454-8, Sep 2009.
- Sidi A, Yusim Y: Anesthesia in the Intensive Care, Section 3 Chapter 40. In Civetta, Taylor & Kirby’s Critical Care, 4th ed. Edited by Layon AJ, Gabrielli A, Yu M. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp 575-608. ISBN 978-0-7817-6869-6, 2009.