Adam L. Wendling, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
|2011||MS, Medical Sciences||University of Florida||Gainesville, FL|
|2006||Fellowship, Obstetric and Liver Transplant Anesthesia||Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2005||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2002||Internship||Aultman Hospital||Canton, OH|
|2001||MD||Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine||Rootstown, OH|
Medical education, OB, liver transplantation, coagulation, postoperative analgesia (beyond opioids, with adjunctive agents), ACLS instruction
Awards and Honors
|2014||Best Research Abstract, David A. Paulus, MD Poster Symposium, Florida Medical Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida|
|2012||Best Research Abstract, Society for Education in Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, Milwaukee, WI|
|2012||Exemplary Teacher Award, University of Florida College of Medicine|
|2010||Shands Key Award, Shands Hospital at the University of Florida|
|2010||Exemplary Teacher Award, University of Florida College of Medicine|
|2009||Exemplary Teacher Award, University of Florida College of Medicine|
|1997||Golden Key Honor Society|
|1997||Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society|
- White CW, Wendling A, Chuah J, Robb A, Lampotang S, Lizdas D, Martindale J, Pi G, Lok B. Using A Critical Incident Scenario with Virtual Humans to Assess Educational Needs of Nurses in a Post Anesthesia Care Unit. J Contin Educ Health Prof. Accepted for publication 2015.
- Lok B, Chuah JH, Robb A, Cordar A, Lampotang S, Wendling A, White C: Mixed-Reality Humans for Team Training, IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 34, no. 3: 72-5, 2014.
- Robb A, White C, Cordar A, Wendling A, Lampotang S, Lok B: A Qualitative Evaluation of Behavior during Conflict with an Authoritative Virtual Human in T. Bickmore et al. (Eds.): Intelligent Virtual Agents 2014, Springer Berlin Heidelberg LNAI 8637, pp. 397–409, 2014 (nominated by 2 reviewers for best paper)
- Robb A, White C, Cordar A, Wendling A, Lampotang S, Lok B. A qualitative evaluation of behavior during conflict with an authoritative virtual human. Intelligent Virtual Agents. 2014; 978-3-319-09766-4, pp 397-409.
- Chuah JH, Robb A, White C, Wendling A, Lampotang S, Kopper R, Lok B: Exploring agent physicality and social presence for medical team training. Presence. 2013; 22(2):141-70.
- Wendling A, Tighe PJ, Ozrazgat Baslanti T, Horodyski M, Conrad BP, Rectine G: Comparison of four airway devices on cervical spine alignment in cadaver models of global ligamentous instability at C1-2. Anesth Analg. 2013 Jul; 117(1):126-32.
- Le-Wendling L, Bihorac A, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T, Lucas S, Sadasivan K, Heyman J, Wendling A, Boezaart AP: Regional anesthesia as compared to general anesthesia for surgery in geriatric patients with hip fracture: does it decrease morbidity, mortality, and healthcare costs? Results of a single-centered study. Pain Med 2012; 13(7):948-956.
- Chuah JH, Robb A, White C, Wendling A, Lampotang S, Kopper R, Lok B: Increasing agent physicality to raise social presence and elicit realistic behavior. IEEE Virtual Reality. 2012; 978-1-4673-1246-2/12, pp 19-22.
- Wendling AL, Seller A, Peterson E: Case report of a parturient with cyanotic congenital heart disease palliated with a Glenn procedure. J Clin Anesth. 2012; 24:586-589.
- Parsons M, Conrad B, Rubery PT, Wendling A, Aydog T, Horodyski MB, Rechtine G: Comparison of four airway devices on cervical spine alignment in a cadaver model with global ligamentous instability at C5-6. Spine 2012; 37(6): 476-481.