Patrick James Tighe, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Program Director, Perioperative Analytics Group
Joint Assistant Professor of Orthopedics
Joint Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Operations Management
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
|2012||MS Clinical and Translational Research||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2010||Fellowship, Acute Pain Medicine and Regional Anesthesia||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2009||Residency, Anesthesiology||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2005||MD||University of Florida College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
- Acute pain medicine and regional anesthesia
- Systems-level patient safety
- Machine learning
- Social Networking analysis
- Nonlinear dynamical systems
Current Grants Awarded
- Hurley RH, Zhao K, Tighe P, Ko P, Pronovost P, Wu C. Examination of publications from academic anesthesiology faculty in the United States. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 118(1), 192-9. (2014)
- Tighe P, Harle C, Boezaart A, Aytug H, Fillingim R. Of rough starts and smooth finishes: correlations between post-anesthesia care unit and postoperative days 1-5 pain scores. Pain Medicine, 15(2), 306-15. (2014)
- Deal L, Nyland M, Gravenstein N, Tighe PJ. Comparative distributions of computerized, computer-assisted, and manual-entry time records for perioperative events. J Clin Anest. In press. (2014)
- Tighe P, Fillingim R, Hurley R. Geospatial analysis of HCAHPS pain management experience scores in U.S. hospitals. Pain. In press. (2014)
- Upp J, Kent M, Tighe PJ. The evolution and practice of acute pain medicine. Pain Medicine. 14(1), 124–144 (2013).
- Kiley S, Tighe, P, Hajibrahim O, Deitte L, Gravenstein N, Robinson III, A: Retrospective computed tomography mapping of intrapleural air may demonstrate optimal window for ultrasound diagnosis of pneumothorax. J Intensive Care Med. In press. (2013)
- Wendling A, Tighe PJ, Ozrazgat Baslanti T, Horodyski M, Conrad BP, Rectine G: Comparison of four airway devices on cervical spine alignment in cadaver models of global ligamentous instability at C1-2. Anesth Analg. 2013; 117:126-132.
- Tighe PJ, Smith C, Boezaart AP, Lucas SD. Social Network Analysis and Quantification of a Prototypical Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine Service. Pain Med. 2012 Jun;13(6):808-19.
- Tighe PJ, Lucas SD, Boezaart AP, Aytug H, Bihorac A. Use of Machine Learning Classifiers to Predict Preoperative Acute Pain Service Consult Request. Pain Med 13, 1347–1357 (2012).
- Tighe, PJ, Brennan, M., Moser, M., Boezaart, AP & Bihorac, A. Primary payer status is associated with the use of nerve block placement for ambulatory orthopedic surgery. Reg Anesth Pain Med 37, 254–261 (2012).
- Wendling AL, Halan S. Tighe P, Le L, Euliano T, Lok B: Virtual humans versus standardized patients: which lead residents to more correct diagnoses? Acad Med. 2011 Mar;86(3):384-8.
- Tighe PJ, Gravenstein N, Rice M: Let’s end the error of the standard error, letter to the editor. Anesth Analg 112:251, 2011.
- Tighe P, Rice KJ, Gravenstein N, Rice MJ: Artifactual increase in journal self citation. Anesth Analg. Anest Analg. 2011 Aug;113(2):378-82.
- Boezaart AP, Tighe PJ. The progression of regional anesthesia into acute and perioperative pain medicine. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2011 Summer;49(3):104-9.
- Tighe PJ, Laduzenski S, Edwards D, Ellis N, Boezaart AP, Aytug H. Use of Machine Learning Theory to Predict the Need for Femoral Nerve Block Following ACL Repair. Pain Med. 2011 Oct;12(10):1566-75. (Cover, Editorial).
- Tighe PJ, Elliott CE, Lucas SD, Boezaart AP: Noninvasive tissue oxygen saturation determined by near-infrared spectroscopy following peripheral nerve block. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2011 Nov;55(10):1239-46.