Daryl L. Reust, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Phone: (352) 273-8954
Dr. Reust joins us from the University of Oklahoma, where he was an Assistant Professor and Associate Section Chief of Cardiovascular Anesthesia. Dr. Reust earned his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Kansas State University and his medical degree from Texas A&M University. He completed his residency at the University of Tennessee Medical Center at Knoxville and his fellowship in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Translational Research at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Reust has published several research papers and presented many abstracts at SCA, AHA, and ASA annual meetings, and he is currently involved in research on cardiopulmonary bypass.
|2008-2010||Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Translational Research Fellowship||Medical University of South Carolina||Charleston, SC|
|1998-2002||Anesthesiology Residency||University of Tennessee Medical Center at Knoxville||Knoxville, TN|
|1994-1998||Medical Doctorate||Texas A&M University||College Station, TX|
|1990-1992||Minors: Biology and Chemistry||University of North Texas||Denton, TX|
|1980-1985||B.S. Electrical Engineering||Kansas State University||Manhattan, KS|
|2013 – 2014||Faculty Leadership Program, OUHSC|
|1999 – Present||American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|2004 – Present||Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists|
- Reust DL, Dixon JA, McKinney RA, Patel RK, Rivers WT, Mukherjee R, Stroud RE, Madden K, Groves K, Rajopadhye M, Reeves ST, Abernathy JH III, Spinale FG. Continuous localized monitoring of plasmin activity identifies differential and regional effects of the serine protease inhibitor aprotinin: relevance to antifibrinolytic therapy. Journal Cardiovascular Pharmacology, 2011 Apr;57(4):400-6.
- Reust DL, Editors: Albert C. Perrino Jr., MD, Scott T. Reeves, MD, Kathryn Glas, MD; 2010 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. The Practice of Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography: Essential Cases; Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. (ISBN-10/13: 1-60547-716-8/978-1-60547-716-9)
- Reust DL, Reeves ST, Abernathy JH, III, Dixon JA, Gaillard WF, Mukherjee R, Koval CN, Stroud RE, Spinale FG. Interstitial plasmin activity with epsilon aminocaproic acid: temporal and regional heterogeneity. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2010 May;89(5):1538-45.
- Reust DL, Reeves ST, Abernathy JH, III, Dixon JA, Gaillard WF, Mukherjee R, Koval CN, Stroud RE, Spinale FG. Temporally and regionally disparate differences in plasmin activity by tranexamic acid. Anesthesia & Analgesia, 2010 Mar; 110(3); 694-701.
- Gross GW, Rhoades BK, Reust DL, Schwalm FU. Stimulation of monolayer networks in culture through thin-film indium-tin oxide recording electrodes. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 50 (1993); 131-143