Avner Sidi, MD
University of Florida
College of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0254
Dr. Avner Sidi is a professor at the Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine. He has been with the department since 1985. His major administrative responsibilities since 1985 were:
2008-2017 – Chairman of the Quality Control & Review Committee, Israeli Society of Anesthesiologists, Israel
2001-2008 – Chairman of Board Examination Committee in Anesthesiology, Israel Medical Association, Scientific Council, Israel
1997-2009 – Vice-Chairman and Director of PACU, Department of Anesthesiology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
1997-1999 – Director of CME program in Anesthesiology & Intensive Care, Tel Aviv University, Israel
1991-1997 – Co-Director, Liver Transplantation Anesthesia Team, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
1987-1988 – Director of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, Hadassah Medical Organization, Jerusalem, Israel
|1979||MD||Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School||Jerusalem, Israel|
|1983||Residency, Anesthesiology||Hadassah University Hospital||Jerusalem, Israel|
|1988||Research Fellowship, Cardiac Anesthesia||Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida, College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|1990||Mini-Fellowship, Liver Transplantation-Anesthesia||Anesthesiology Department, University of Pittsburgh||Pittsburgh, PA|
- Hemodynamic Instability-Creating an Hemodynamic Instability Algorithm during Anesthesia & Surgery; Outcome prediction using the Algorithm during Anesthesia & Surgery; Using the Algorithm during Anesthesia & Surgery, for Smart Alarms.
- Simulation Exams-Organizing Certification Exams under Simulation; Cognitive Performance, Stress and Anxiety reactions during Simulation-based Exams.
Awards and Honors
2011 – Faculty Educational Research Grant, Chapman Education Center (COMCEC), University of Florida College of Medicine
2011 – First Place, Education, Competency & Assessment in Research Abstracts, Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SHH)
2002 – Research Grant Award, European Society of Anesthesiology
1996 – Outstanding Abstract Award, Society for Technology in Anesthesia
- Sidi A: Anesthesia in the Intensive Care, Section 3 Chapter 42. In Civetta, Taylor & Kirby’s Critical Care, 5th ed. Edited by Layon AJ, Gabrielli A, Yu M. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Submitted March 2015. To be published Oct 2015.
- Keidan, A. Sidi, E. Ben-Menachem, E. Derazne, H. Berkenstadt; A simple diagnostic test to confirm correct intravascular placement of peripheral catheters in order to avoid extravasation. J Clin Anest. Accepted (pending revision), March 2015. (JCA 14-114)
- A. Sidi, S. Lampotang, N. Gravenstein: Construct Validity and Generalizability of Simulation-based Objective Structured Clinical Examination Scenarios for Trainee Assessment. J Graduate Med Education; September 2014, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp 489-494.
- Ben-Menachem, A. Sidi, T. Wignanaski, Y. Gargi, H. Berkenstadt, I.Keidan; Percussion pacing as management of non-responsive asystole, during pediatric strabismus surgery. J Clin Anesth. 2014 Jun;26(4):332-4.
- Keidan, A. Sidi, E. Ben-Menachem,Y. Tene, H. Berkenstadt: Inconsistency between simultaneous blood pressure measurements in the arm, forearm, and leg in anesthetized children. J Clin Anesth. 2014 Feb;26(1):52-7.
- A.Sidi, T.Ozrazgat Baslanti, N Gravenstein, S. Lampotang: Simulation-based assessment to evaluate cognitive performance in an Anesthesiology residency training program. Ms. No. JGME-D-13-00230R1. J Graduate Med Education; Accepted for Publication, September 2013. In-Press March 2014. Article Identifier: JGME_60567. JGME 6 (1):85-92, 2014.
- Ben-Menachem, T. Ezri, A. Ziv, A. Sidi, S. Berkenstadt. Identifying and Managing Technical & Mechanical Malfunctions in the Anesthesia Machine – Lessons Learned from the Israeli Board of Anesthesiologists. Anesth Analg, 112(4): 864-866, April 2011.
- Ben-Menachem, T. Ezri, A. Ziv, A. Sidi, S. Brill, H. Berkenstadt. Objective Structured Clinical Examination – based assessment of regional anesthesia skills: the Israeli National Board Examination in Anesthesiology experience. Anesth Analg, 112(1): 242-245, January 2011.
- Peng YG, Martin T , Horowitz T, Sidi A, Janelle G: Repair of Concomitant Valvular Endocarditis, Using Single Homograft. Ann Thorac Surg, 88(2):e14-15, Aug 2009.
- Litofe T, Muehlschlegel JD, Peng YG, Sidi A: The diagnostic process, perioperative, and anesthetic management of an undiagnosed congenital cyanotic cardiac defect in an adult for trauma surgery – Case Conference, J Clin Anest, 21(6):454-8, Sep 2009.
- Sidi A, Yusim Y: Anesthesia in the Intensive Care, Section 3 Chapter 40. In Civetta, Taylor & Kirby’s Critical Care, 4th ed. Edited by Layon AJ, Gabrielli A, Yu M. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp 575-608. ISBN 978-0-7817-6869-6, 2009.